Whats down the road for R/C

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand Charley, there is always two sides to every coin,

BTW if ya figure out the "Driver Error" thing, Let me know

quick, No fair keepin secrets

Gene ;D

What just happend here..

Charley are you tweeked about something.. Did i hit a nerve on this. Kind of seams like it.. I hope you are open to my ideas as they are just ideas. I have no problem understanding yours. Hell the only one hurt by RTR is me....

Can someone explane..

Charley, Gener, Tom, somebody. Im open!!

Not tweaked, just confused. You are all for tuning and do it yourself pride however you attack Henry Ford who tuned and did it himself to create an efficient method of producing cars and mass producing them to the point that people could now afford them because they were not in limited production.

Nothing major, but to say a RTR product is a shameful purchase ignores an easy and exciting entry into this hobby.

I take great pride in my house that is in a housing development because I am able to afford it. I didn't build it, don't ever want to pound a single nail on any house I ever live in and cannot be happier.

As gene said, just a different view. Make the villian rtr and market it as such from a 3-time US-1 builder/racer and you have tuned and created on your own something to have pride in.

RTR and building work together. It's all good,

Charley

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz, What? Who? Where? Ann Margret,

Yeah thats the one!!!!!!! C, CCRider, Oh See,

What the heck was the question???????

Gene ;D

Racers

I apologize if I have offended or confused anybody on this. My fingers started typing before my brain kicked in..

Sorry again.

By All..

Grimracer

Grim,

I am not offended in the least, I am just being silly,

my point was RTR has its place, I just hope we dont go to far in that direction, kinda like my SUV, I still like ta tinker too much, I believe Charleys point was it would be cool for a newbe to have a ready to go package that is fast enough to run with the best of them. "Coin Toss"

Gene ;D

I would not be able to enjoy this hobby if it were not for RTR...I do not have the patience to build a boat from scratch. I routinely tear my trucks apart for maintenance to the point of a total rebuild(My Nitro Mt was actually a kit) so mechanically I am fine. I even perform mild porting/polishing on the engines. It is the cutting, fitting, gluing, shaping, sanding part that daunts me :eek: I am so particular that it would take forever for me to assemble everything and even then I wouldn't be happy. I am currently obsessing over the linkage for my TopSpeed. I want it just right so it will take me a couple of weeks to do. RTR is causing a boom right now in the land and air-based r/c community and more RTR boats that are NOT Nikko/Tyco-quality will draw folks near water into the hobby. This means more money for companies that are going to put out not only RTR but great kits too! This has been my $.02...I will get off the box now.

ive meet many guys in my life that would have no clue how to complete a almost ready to run boat.... does this mean they should not be into RC boats? uhhh uhhh well maybe.... so whats my point... i dont know.... sure am glad i'm not that guy! ;D

Ok,I have just bought my wold class RTR boat and I show up at the nats.Who wants to race?...........NOBODY,so where can I get my RTR world class driving skills???????? Or....The top five finishers all have this same RTR,"Man that was a close finish who won?".....Honey I went to the fights and a race broke out!

Well that is a very good point, Even with the fastest hull at the races, it still takes a good driver to win, my advice is to just finish, Points chase can come as your skills improve,

DNF's dont count, just practice, run that puppy till you can control it in traffic, prep it and run it again.

As far as all runnin the same hull who wins?

Five hulls, five guy's, same pond, there all gonna run different, prep and driving skills come into play, and

Luck always figures in too.

Gene ;D

I'm just thinking outloud(could be dangerous). I dont like the idea of RTR(ready to race)but I dont want to make others mad. What I mean is this is a "HOBBY" and we need to try and keep original ideas coming,not go buy them.

Hey! Do you mind if I butt in? I've been peeking at this thread now for some time now. Haven't really found a good place to drop in, but I think that I'm ready now.

I own an RTR. My kid still uses it. Pacer .32 airboat. I started putting it together and had it skipping across the pond on the same day. Unfortunately, that is about the only RTR available here that you can depend on. I've seen some of the Kyosho boats, but they are a nightmare. They seem so easy, but in most cases, the people who buy them never grow into extreme RC boat freaks. They are usually disappointed at the first level, and decide that boating isn't for them. I wish that we had the selection that you do in the states. I would like to see some AC model boats, some seaducers, some microbursts ready to run. Then I could recommend a good starter to all the folks that come down to the pond where we practice wanting to know where we get are boats. When I tell them that I make all my Riggers from scratch, and that everyone else does, too, they get turned off. I don't want to recommend kyosho either. I usually give my boats away after I get tired of them. A few people who received their first boat from me have become builders themselves. One of them has even built a boat that won the national championships. I know that my RTRs have gotten some people interested. If you have a boat that is just sitting in your store room collecting dust, give it to someone who shows an honest interest in the hobby.

I know that out of the 15 or so guys in our club, most of them started with a hand me down. I guarantee you that if you came down to the pond where we practice, and you showed interest in what we were doing, we would all be more than happy to get you in the water.

I already gave that all carbon boat away. It is being repainted by the new owner. He had been to our pond a few times just looking, then one day he showed up with a KYOSHO .15 belt drive out board tunnel hull. Couldn't get it started at first, but we helped him out, and he had a good time until things started breaking. Then he said, I wish I had the knowledge it requires to build boats like your riggers. Right then, I said, If you want one, I have one at home just sitting in my store room. Not the best boat in the world, but it will be fun enough for starters. He excepted, and he will be in the water with it in a few weeks. I bet next season, he will be racing his own riggers.

Have a good one, Hammer

You're more than welcome to drop on by. The plane ticket may be a bunch, But I bet you will have a good time :eek: .

Thanks for the compliment on my thoughts.

Hammer

Hi Guy's,

I think Hammer may have hit the nail on the head (sorry couldn't resist that LOL :D ) Although the RTR might bring a couple of people into boating there will be more than enough bad experiences to make sure they don't stay. The solution is to get people to acquire qulity second hand equipment and for club members to help them get it race ready. As there skill develops they will get better performance out of the hull and their driving. Think of this as recycling - last years race winner this years novice boat. If you can afford to give away equipment great if not pass it on at affordable prices - there is always gear on EBAY that can get someone on the water. An older second hand race boat nearly always woops butt on the plastic fantastic RTR.

GT 8)

Back