What was your first car?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my friends had fords and chevys

My first car was a 1953 Studebaker had a 232 cu in v8 with a three speed overdrive

wooed my first wife in it she thoughrt it was cool, her dad didnt

I tom sawyered some friends into sanding it down so I could paint it Black lacquer

too bad i dont have any pictures

My first car was a 1953 Studebaker had a 232 cu in v8 with a three speed overdrive

I tom sawyered some friends into sanding it down so I could paint it Black lacquer

A buddy of mine drove a Studebaker Lark around a 64 I think. His grandparemts had a 57. This was in 1973.

My first car was a 1972 Gremlin X.

Studebakers were Bad Azz! Way ahead of their time!

My dad raced a 53' V8 Studebaker on the South Florida oval tracks 1960 -1962. He won many races with that car.

My grandfather had a new 57 Golden Hawk. He bought new Studebakers for several years....and Packards before that. Good solid cars!

My first car was a 66' Chevy II SS with 283 and a glide. Before I got that I drove my mom's 73' Cutlass Surpreme with 455, T-400 and 12 bolt rear. Green with white vinyl top and white interior. It was an elegant looking "Sleeper".

Last edited by a moderator:
First car was a '67 Chevelle SS handed down from dad. First car I purchased was a '69 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum with the famed 6 pack induction, 4 speed and 4.10 Dana 60 rear. Bucket seats, console with the pistol grip Hurst shifter, full factory instrumentation including the 'ol tick-tock tach (clock and tach combined). For a car that weighed close to 4,000 pounds it was one fast mutha not to mention plenty of back seat room on date nights!
default_biggrin.png

First car was a '67 Chevelle SS handed down from dad. First car I purchased was a '69 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum with the famed 6 pack induction, 4 speed and 4.10 Dana 60 rear. Bucket seats, console with the pistol grip Hurst shifter, full factory instrumentation including the 'ol tick-tock tach (clock and tach combined). For a car that weighed close to 4,000 pounds it was one fast mutha not to mention plenty of back seat room on date nights!
default_biggrin.png
When I was 10, my dream was to have a Red 67' Chevy II SS with 327 and 4 speed. A guy on our street had a new one. Had to settle for the 66' Chevy II SS with 283, Pglide when I could finally buy a car.

Pics below are my dad's first two race cars. He was 18 at that time. Raced the South Florida tracks, Hialeah, West Palm Beach, Ft.Pierce, for about 10 years.

Those were the good old days when one could build a car with bone yard parts and Win!

24842_109037705779196_1460448_n.jpg

24842_109037709112529_777444_n.jpg

default_biggrin.png
When I was 10, my dream was to have a Red 67' Chevy II SS with 327 and 4 speed. A guy on our street had a new one. Had to settle for the 66' Chevy II SS with 283, Pglide when I could finally buy a car.

Pics below are my dad's first two race cars. He was 18 at that time. Raced the South Florida tracks, Hialeah, West Palm Beach, Ft.Pierce, for about 10 years.

Those were the good old days when one could build a car with bone yard parts and Win!
Speaking of 327's, I bought a 67 Pontiac Firechicken with a blown 440 in it. Drop in a 327 rat motor, bolted right up, very fast. If it rained forget about it, you were doing donuts if you punched it.
default_ohmy.png

Studebakers were Bad Azz! Way ahead of their time!My dad raced a 53' V8 Studebaker on the South Florida oval tracks 1960 -1962. He won many races with that car.

My grandfather had a new 57 Golden Hawk. He bought new Studebakers for several years....and Packards before that. Good solid cars!

My first car was a 66' Chevy II SS with 283 and a glide. Before I got that I drove my mom's 73' Cutlass Surpreme with 455, T-400 and 12 bolt rear. Green with white vinyl top and white interior. It was an elegant looking "Sleeper".
i prolly watched your dad race at hialeah, andy. growing up in miami shores, my father would take me out to hialeah to watch the dirt track races there. i was 8 - 10 years old in '60 -'62. had to be the right time frame, my mom had red & white '56 chevy belair convertible, 265 v-8, 3 speed floor shift at that time. she traded it in '63, man i wanted that car!! way too young to drive, almost cried when it left our garage )-: but that's how i can remember that we went there when your dad was racing there. thanx for the memory andy.

I know it's a tad off the topic but the one that I truly miss the most was my '70 Chevelle SS454 (my 4th car). Numbers matching LS-6 M22 4 speed 12 bolt 4.10 rear and had all the goodies- cowl induction hood, full instrumentation, buckets, console, etc. If I only knew back then how much it would be worth now...........

70SS454LS6.jpg

70SS454LS6b.jpg

I know it's a tad off the topic but the one that I truly miss the most was my '70 Chevelle SS454 (my 4th car). Numbers matching LS-6 M22 4 speed 12 bolt 4.10 rear and had all the goodies- cowl induction hood, full instrumentation, buckets, console, etc. If I only knew back then how much it would be worth now...........
I remember those pics from your galley. KQQL
default_cool.png

default_cool.png
Yeah she was a BEAST and if you look closely at the pic where I'm removing about 1K worth of rubber off the rear tires you can see how long my hair was.
default_tongue.png

default_cool.png
Yeah she was a BEAST and if you look closely at the pic where I'm removing about 1K worth of rubber off the rear tires you can see how long my hair was.
default_tongue.png
That smoke looks like a touch of antifreeze on the ground.
default_tongue.png

and to never be sold............ yep.. My baby..

Car was raced at Niagara dragway until 1974. It went to a collector in MI until his death. The car ended up in CA for a few years and I then I found it. (I was in Kenosha WI at a boat race when I called the guy.. true..lol)

I paid cash for the thing sight unseen (about 10 years ago now).. had is shipped to my house..

It’s the photo car for the Johnny Lighting diecast! (it IS the Johnny Lighting car!)

I have been offered.. (name your price).. and they all get the same line.. not for sale!

All stock except for the headers and re-do on the interior (tuck and roll).

One of 1512 made and only 500 in this paint scheme…1969 SC/Rambler

Attachments

• Scrambler (44).jpg
    Scrambler (44).jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
default_cool.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
Nope just good 'ol straight up American HORSEPOWER! Those Firestones would sit and smoke like a freight train with a simple stab of the throttle. Had to bolt on the slicks to get her to hook up when I went out on a Saturday night to make some "extra cash" at the red light meets.
default_biggrin.png

1963 Chevy II Nova SS, black interior, bucket seats, auto in the floor, white with red line tires, should have had my butt kicked for selling it. Wish I had it back!!!!!!

default_cool.png
default_tongue.png
default_tongue.png
Nope just good 'ol straight up American HORSEPOWER! Those Firestones would sit and smoke like a freight train with a simple stab of the throttle. Had to bolt on the slicks to get her to hook up when I went out on a Saturday night to make some "extra cash" at the red light meets.
default_biggrin.png
Where did you do your street racing we might have race before

Latest posts

Back