What was your first car?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I raced at v street .210 in md .pepsi plant in chantilly .Power Plant in dumfries and the plastic plant in Fredricksburg

I know it's a tad off the topic but the one that I truly miss the most was my '70 Chevelle SS454 (my 4th car). Numbers matching LS-6 M22 4 speed 12 bolt 4.10 rear and had all the goodies- cowl induction hood, full instrumentation, buckets, console, etc. If I only knew back then how much it would be worth now...........
I remember those pics from your galley. KQQL
default_cool.png
Yeah she was a BEAST and if you look closely at the pic where I'm removing about 1K worth of rubber off the rear tires you can see how long my hair was.
default_tongue.png
That smoke looks like a touch of antifreeze on the ground.
default_tongue.png
Nope just good 'ol straight up American HORSEPOWER! Those Firestones would sit and smoke like a freight train with a simple stab of the throttle. Had to bolt on the slicks to get her to hook up when I went out on a Saturday night to make some "extra cash" at the red light meets.
default_biggrin.png
Where did you do your street racing we might have race before
The big money place to race way back in the day was Fullerton Road in Springfield. Tucked in an all industrial area near 95 that ended in a big oval which was where we would gather and start from. I made a few bucks street racing back then but as they say all good things come to an end. When the crowds got big and cars started getting trailered in it was only a matter of time and sure enough it ended with undercover police, a big raid, cars impounded and some people going to jail. I was lucky enough to be lured away from racing that night by a date with a very fine young lady..................
default_cool.png

1967-ford-mustang-gt-fastback-1-21.jpg1967 Mustang fastback. It looked like this. Pretty much identical to the car Steve Mcqueen drove in the movie "Bullet" Ahh memories!

Last edited by a moderator:
My first car was a graduation present from my dad when I graduated from high school. It was a 1960 Studebaker Lark Convertible. I could hardly wait till I could get a decent job so I could get rid of that piece of crap.

The engine in that car broke down so often, I got to where I could do a ring job in about 4 hours.

62 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door post 318 push button auto for $150, both it off a widow that worked at the city soda fountain.  Purchased at 15 years old and worked on it and painted it red so it would be ready to cruze when I turned 16. 

My first car was a 1964 Plymouth Valiant Wagon with a slant-6cly push button on the dash.

Dave

First car (truck) was a 1964 Ford F-100 pick up....292 V8 and 2-55 A.C.

No power nothing with 3 speed moved to the floor...paid $500 in for it in 1975.

1967 Pontiac Lemans, bought it when I was 15, after my Dad saw and disapproved, I repaired the car and sold it, after I took my Dad to look at the next car 1967 GTO, he approved and still have ( didn't look like this then )

Attachments

• 20141108_140142-1.jpg
    20141108_140142-1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
Mine was very used 1957 Alfa Romero Spyder bought on a very dark night. It was a lot of fun for a very short time. I learned how to do a valve job on an over head cam engine in my kitchen. The landlord was unhappy. I moved across the country so the buyer couldn't find me. I also swore off working on cars.

Lohring Miller

My first car was in 1966 and it was a 50s something pile of junk chevy I bought for $50. What I really wanted was a 66 Corvette. Fast forward 40 years to 2006 when I finally got one and restored it over a winter inside my garage in Pittsburgh. It was a 383 stroker (truck block 350) with an insane Isky hot rod cam. That cam along with the glass pack mufflers made for an incredible sound at idle. Made 500 hp on the dyno.

Attachments

• b.JPG
    b.JPG
    384.7 KB · Views: 9
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 9
  • f.JPG
    f.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 9
  • j.JPG
    j.JPG