What was your first car?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
My first NEW car. 75 Camaro $5,900 fully loaded. Post your pic.
default_cool.png
http://www.lov2xlr8.no/broch1.html

1968 Galaxie 500 with a 390. Hand me down family car, inherited it when I was 16. Car carried me to school when I was in the first grade.

I was very glad to have it too!

first car was a 190 plymouth fury 4 dr. ex navy MP car, 361 4 bbl. fresh out of high school in 1969, moved out on my own, got tired of walking, hitchhiking & bumming rides. one friday, paycheck in hand, went down sled row (79th st. in miami) & bought the first $100 car i saw. for those of you that remember, this was the same car that broderick crawford drove in the tv series "highway patrol" & both lee & richard petty raced in nascar that year.

images.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
1st car was a 1949 Pontiac 2 door straight eight auto, that lasted about two months, and in went in a Olds 323 with a J2 set up with a Cad Lasalle trans, this thing just ate up the 55 thru 57 Chevys and a blast to drive, sold it when I get drafted.

Walt Barney

I bought a 1963 MGB in 1970 when I was in the Air Force in New Mexico. It was a fun car until I bought a '55 Chevy with a 283 and a 4-speed the following year. Been a GM man ever since. Current hot rod is a 2003 Z06 Corvette. It never stops being fun..............

Dick Tyndall

My 1st car was a 1957 ford hardtop convert,I bought for 35.00 yellow an white..

Dick Loeb

My 1st car was a 1957 ford hardtop convert,I bought for 35.00 yellow an white..

Dick Loeb
there's a junkyard here that specializes in older stuff, dick. he has 2 of those with the complete top & linkage intact. 120 acres that hasn't been crushed out since his father started it in the '40s!

1967 Dodge Box Van (LIL RED WAGON style with full body ) I learned all about working on autos with that one ! Lost a lot of brain cells in it as well back in the day ! Slant 6 3 speed on the column . I've got some photos of it with my first real hydro on the roof rack !

1965 Mustang 2X2 4 speed > Bought it 5 year's old in 1970 the guy thought the engine was locked

up = The starter had split the thrust washer where the bendx met the nose cone , I gave $850. for her figured out what was wrong with it draging it home ................

My first car was a 1972 super beetle with the Baja conversion. My mother used to tease me about the stereo system in it was worth more than the car. I was into crank up competions back in the day ,she was right but I won a lot of trophies in sound offs . The dual 12 in jbl bass speakers shook the car an ground so bad the rear view mirror snapped off and the gear shifter nob would unscrew itself. It had 2 Macintosh 1000w amps,alpha sonic crossover unit, jbl eq, jbl 3 in tweeters, Boston acoustic mids,and custom made low pass woofer box, the secret to that was the cut up jeans inside the box. That system was very LOUD and clear.

1987 Plymouth (Turismo) Duster bought for $150 in 1993.

pic is not mine, but one just like it. I swear to God almost all of these cars were that medium dark gray.

7471600002_large.jpg

Bought a 62 Chevy Impala convertible in 68. Red with black top and black interior with a 283. Seats got so hot in the summer with the top down I used a beach towel on the seats. It was a chick magnet.
default_biggrin.png

64 Chevy Impala, 409 4bbl, 2 speed powerglide, sat behind a friends garage for years, my dad bought it for me for 50.00 in 1972, it was my learning tool.

Had to run Sunoco 260 or it ran like crap, a whole 38 cents a gallon back then, you could easily stuff 5-6 bodies in the trunk......................

Still wish I had that boat anchor of a engine.

My first car was actually a land barge must have been what got me started on model boats - 60 Dodge Pioneer push button auto on the dash, slant six, groovy oval/rectangle steering wheel, black /rust. Freebie from the folks . Followed quickly by a 1961 Anglia, a 67 Datsun 4 door and finally my first car that I wanted a 64 dodge Polara 2 door 313 auto. white top over navy, chrome reverse, shackles with air shocks.. LOL

Third car was a Vega, also spent lots of time and busted knuckles stuffing a 350 into it. Learned quite painfully why you don't slap an under carb nitrous plate on a VERY high mileage motor in a car that is too small in the first place. Wasted all that work the second week it was running, the first weekend with the nos in it, boy, we knew nothing at the time................

my first car was a 1970 mach 1 mustang purchased in 1982. I loved to do holeshots, back tires lasted about a month and a half. sold all the toys and went back to school

Back