What To Use To Power A 45" Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Byer

What motor/speed control/batteries should I look for to power a 45" mono? I've got a new bare lite hull I'd like to learn about battery power with.

I usually jump on somthing new right away and spend a ton on stuff that won't work, but this time I thought I'd wait a while and see what shook out of this electric thing. Not looking to be a record setting project just something that will give decent run time and not make smoke right away, but make decent speed. By now I'd think someone would have a package like that in the US.

I have been watching this thread , hoping some one would give you some help. I seldom comment .

I run a NEU 2215 2Y on 10 S 8000 mah in a 45" Insane gas Mono in Open Oval with the gas boats .

Id suggest a big motor , NEU 2215 , Castle 2028 , large Lepoard or TP with a KV of 800 or lower on 10 S .

You can get byy with on an 8S setup , same motors with a KV about 1000 .

I started in this boat with a Sea King 130 and conservative props for a couple years . This season I'm running a CC Ice 200 .

Decent run time may be 3 min or less . Speed won't be a problem .

I checked your other posts and didn't see much about FE .

If this is your first FE , Get some HV experienced help , or start with a 4S P size boat to start . A small mistake can burn up a lot of $ .

Dick

Sun City AZ

I'm looking at motors with an 8mm shaft, 1800-2200 kv, and a can size of 56x110. Speed controllers of 225+ and haven't even thought much on the batteries yet

Thanks, I think we were typing at the same time, I'll look at the lower kv motors, seems like there is a 5698 2y with kv of 910

Rule of thumb multiply the KV by the pack voltage , 25,000 rpm to 28,000 is a good starting place . nitro size props .

Don't be concerned about weight . build it strong ! Often we have to add weight to keep them on the water .

if u are going to run a castle 2028 or neu 2215 etc you are into the high dollar stuff as u will probably be into at least 8 cell battery(4 4s or if u go 10s 4 5 s batteries) u are probab;y talking 1500 bucks at least....I have a 47 inch mono with a castle 2028 cc 200hv esc etc and I stop counting at a grand.....good luck with it

Latest posts

Back