What Size Engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzMandella

So I have decided to get back into RC Boats after 25yrs . Was thinking of starting off with a 1/10th Scale Hydro before getting into 1/8th scale . Was wondering what size engine for 1/10th scale and does the 1/10 scale qualify for sport 40 if a .40 size engine is correct for a 1/10th scale ?

I would say yes a .45 but most 1/10th scale boats are FE. The 1/10 scale is just about 1” shorter then Sport 40 on some hulls, to meet the requirement in IMPBA which is a Min of 36” length. Not sure on NAMBA rules.

The reason I was going with the 1/10th scale first was to get some practice in building and driving before moving to a faster boat . Just thought if it could qualify for Sport 40 I could race it . NAMBA is 35" . The ML Boatworks kits say they are 34" TO 37" . Aside from NOVA ROSSI who else makes marine nitro engines .

I do know I bought a Ml 1/10 Modernday hull kit. I got it for clockwise racing. Most 1/10 runs the counterclock wise. He was nice enough to cut it to where the transom was flat and not recessed and I was going to run it in Sport 40. The boat ended up being a couple inches short of the IMPBA rule.

CMB is currently the choice right now as Ron seems to be out of stock on the 45DD.
You can find some good used motors on here and sometimes new ones for cheap.

Here in Tucson, Az our local club does not run 1/10th or Sport 40 as far as I can tell . But we are in District 19 NAMBA . There are no clubs in District 9 of IMPBA . Probably won't have a good Idea what any classes or schedual's there will be until after all the Covid Crap is done .

Back