What servo for twin OS .21 OB setup ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racejunkie538

Hi all

Like to know if someone off you have experience with servo's for a OS .21 OB setup.

I use 645MG for single OS OB and works very well. OK, it's easy to say 'why not double your torq' ??

but I like to use standard size servo in this twin setup.

Best from Hitech HS 985MG with 172 oz./in on 6v. You guy's think that will do the job ??

Thanks for comment.

Rgrds

Marc

Go digital and titanium. Not just the torque needed for turning but to handle the stress of a high speed flip. I like the 7955tg for my 20 tunnels and the 7990tg for my 40 and up tunnels. Good luck.

I believe but not sure,, maybe PM Kris Flynn as I think he had a twin OS outboard. If that is all you are gaining I'd stay with the 645 or look for a different servo or brand to atleast get you over 200.

Last edited by a moderator:
get a good digital high torque titanium gear servo like mr shaw said you will be fine. 440 pushrods will help also.. just my opinion

You need over 250 oz of torque if not I will hook , my buddy Terry's shaman with twin os 21 on it has 333oz torque it a hitec rock crawler servo .

What hull type are you putting them on? I did a few twin 45 outboard setups and always used 2 servos. I did strip the gears a cpl times. I don't think you need as much tongue as you need gear strength in a wreck.

Hi all

Like to know if someone off you have experience with servo's for a OS .21 OB setup.

I use 645MG for single OS OB and works very well. OK, it's easy to say 'why not double your torq' ??

but I like to use standard size servo in this twin setup.

Best from Hitech HS 985MG with 172 oz./in on 6v. You guy's think that will do the job ??

Thanks for comment.

Rgrds

Marc
hitech hs7955tg--330 ozs on 6v,,all in a standard size servo

Last edited by a moderator:
I was asking because the set up would handle a lot better with the motors locked into a straight position and a rudder. You could put the motors right behind the sponsons and a rudder right in the middle. Not sure if you are trying to keep it realistic in appearance. But it would handle a lot better.

Also can u post a pic of the boat with the motor mounted?

Danny

Indeed I like to keep it in realistic appearance, so that means steering with the outboards.

As soon as I have the boat in my possesion (they are still under construction in the UK) I will take some pics.

Like to thank you all for comment, I think I will go for the Hitech 7955tg.

Rgrds Marc

Latest posts

Back