OS XM .21 twin setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racejunkie538

Hi guy's

I'm planning to build up a Xcat model with twin OS XM .21 outboards.

Like to know if anyone has experience with the OS XM running counter clockwise

and has the crank and flexshaft for it ??

Kind regards

Marc

I don't think realy I need a twin engine mount. but maybe you can show me a picture ??

Thanks

Marc

you would need to do somthing with the crank induction,,,,,, its timed to run in the direction it does..... so unless you are custom making cranks,,,,, its not gonna run properly...unless you can find a crank from a i.b... why exactly do you want the engine to run in the opposite direction?? if your affraid of prop walk or somthing along those lines,,, its not gonna happen.. there is way to much skeg in the water to allow that imho......

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guy's

I'm planning to build up a Xcat model with twin OS XM .21 outboards.

Like to know if anyone has experience with the OS XM running counter clockwise

and has the crank and flexshaft for it ??

Kind regards

Marc
Marc,

You got an idea from Eersel or so???

James- Gabe - Clegg did a twim OS, I tried to mount one on a special made wof tunnel, but didn't get the steering angle clearance I needed.

I can sent you some pics this weekend, when I have the time. I am in toronto then.

Btw......Gabes and mine where running same direction......

Ronald

I think what he means by a twin engine Xcat is a model of a Lifesize Xcat which would be a Skater with the engines behind each sponson.

You can use Thunder Tiger OB crankshaft in OS xm, you will get OS xm running counter clockwise.

Im sure its something like this hes doing

412150_3234557896331_1038203092_3083074_1777987190_o.jpg

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd dare say you'll need to look at the flywheel / flywheel nut also, as the OS crank has a left hand thread and acorn nut to hold on the flywheel, where as the TT uses a right hand thread and a tube nut to hold the flywheel.

Other issues I can forsee - you'll need a flex cable that is wound in the opposite direction, some way to prevent the propshaft assembly from unscrewing itself, and a matching reverse direction prop.

Would like to thank ya all for your comment.

Daz is correct, this is the way we gonna do it. 1 meter Xcat model with twin OS XM setup like in the picture. (thanks Daz)

Like 'camaroboy' say's: I think we first going try with two engines both running in the same direction.

Indeed I was afraid about some propwalk. (the 1:1 Xcat have both engines running inside)

Ronald (moron) The idea started when my son won a brand new Intruder hull from Hydro & Marine. at our tombola at the Eersel meeting.

After we came home, I was looking how to build it up, but didn't want to go electric. So it take me some day's to confince my son to do something complete diverent.

Because i was a little 'ready' with the small F1 hulls I'm running for a couple years now, I started to think about an Xcat model and my good friend Daz had the same idea.

For now it looks like the first scale Xcat will be ready in a couple of months.

Mark Poole, your correct buddy.

D-Mark, like Hendrik say's: could you explain some more about this crank ??

Tim, your right !! lets try the twin OS in the same direction first.

Rgrds Marc

Marc already said it .I was also having scaring thoughts about propwalk on such a setup.But first try it .

Someone has a video of twin OS's running on here???? Maybe Kris Flynn or James maybe? ?? I know i saved it on my laptop but i just have my phone with me this week...

To make OS XM turn ccw, you can simply drop the TT OB crank right in to replace the OS crank without any mod done to the crank, OS flywheel can also be used with right hand thread nut. Actually TT21 motor is buggy motor with ccw rotation, It has same bore/stroke as OS XM has. Both OS and TT crank have the same external dimension 13 mm dia. shaft, same stroke, and same size of con rod. Only mod will be done is to expand the PTO drive slot, TT PTO drive pin is 4mm dia,OS's 3.5 mm. Beside the motor, Tim_Duggan said it all about flexshaft and propshaft unit.

Kris Flynn can do the flexis or a company in the states can do them,can also get the props,the only thing i can think off with the prop shaft hub itself is to use some thread lock (blue) so it can still be removed

Im planning build myself for for FE/brushless power 6s on each :D

d-mark, must be not to hard to do I think if the both same direction setup will not work. Thanks d-mark.

I have one more question for ya all:

I prefer to use the OS outboard leg, but what if I would like to use diverent engine like CMB, Rossi, MAC. Can I get confersion kits for that. (don't like the K&B leg that much)

Rgrds Marc

julian its not the twin mount he needs as they will be 1 either side of the hull he wants to know what other engines will mount on the OS leg or if there is an adapter that can be used in conjunction with different powerhead on the OS leg

Back