What pipes are these guys running?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhhh gregs still has the full length stinger...greg,, im assuming it still has the .300 stinger,?? she is a beauty boss,,,hold onto her tight.....

tim,,,if you ever hear this guy that has the moulds now wants to sell them i would buy them in a heart beat...keep that in mind for me please...if he starts to produce them again then thats awsome too.....its a great o/b pipe that needs to make a come back for the better of the tunnel world..lol.....oh lmao to the p.s buddy....ill talk to you soon...im having issues with my hip...i think its cause kevin says im old,,and its wearing off on me...lol...so im sitting in the hospital now,,been for like 4 hrs...place sux....
You are old aren't you like 30 or some thing?!?!?! I'm only 29.... But trust me the hard labor and bouncing in construction equipment is catching up quick!!!! If the deal ever came around I would by the moulds for ya as a fathers day present :rolleyes: I would have you make enough Gadjets to decorate my Christmas tree :lol:

Good luck at the doctors get that hip healed!!!!

All the best for a speedy recovery AC!

Greg nailed it on the stinger length - it's that long for a reason.

Had a GC on a Greenie/Lawless combo and later a MAC, Totally fast pipe!

Now question is could a cheaper version in aluminum be possible for US export?

Or is the CF part ot the magic?

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
tim, could you answer a question for me about the TD series ib pipes? the suffix letter, what does it mean? i run a td21H on a greenie evo2/speedmaster mono combo, fast pipe. love the second stage B) .

thanks guys for the well wishes...ended up having an absess in my hip that got severely infected...it actually started to make me sick,,im glad i went when i did...had an out patient surgery and am home now with a drain in my hip...

that 3" stinger length is most certainly important on that gadjet....thing is most ive seen have been molested...the gadjet i have the stinger was reduced in length and was found to not be so helpful...the stinger i.d then had to be brought down to .250 to get the length effect back and to build enough heat....thank god jerry was able to get it back to performing....it was a test pipe jerry had back in the day,,and he always wished it wasnt cut back,,but it was what it was.....hands down the gadjet pipe is the fastest pipe ive ever run on a tt...

tim, could you answer a question for me about the TD series ib pipes? the suffix letter, what does it mean? i run a td21H on a greenie evo2/speedmaster mono combo, fast pipe. love the second stage B) .
Sure thing Robin,

The H was for Hydro - it was originally tested in and made for use in riggers. There was another pipe made for mono's. It had a less brutal powerband and made more rpm but less torque. It was the MS21. I don't do much with mono's - not enough sponsons! :lol:

Tim.

Now question is could a cheaper version in aluminum be possible for US export?

Or is the CF part ot the magic?

Gene
New dies would have to be machined and hardened, then the pipe halves could be made in aluminium ($$$$$)

Yes - the vaccuum bagged CF has 2 big advantages in O/B use. One should be obvious which is weight. The other less so. Try and guess.

STINGERS Stinger length should be separated from stinger diameter because although they are linked, in practice you would need to make a big change in stinger length to affect the backpressure. Stinger diameter is crucial to the pipes operating temperature and hence the power production. If the stinger is bigger than optimum them making it even bigger will have little effect but by sleeving it down then you will be able to find the size that gives best power. Normally a smaller stinger will improve top end power because the exhaust gas temperature will increase which will have the effect of a shorter pipe length. If you go too small on the stinger then power will suddenly start to drop in the corners and the motor will begin to overheat. To get the best power its usual to lengthen the header and make the stinger smaller to get the best overall performance. A bigger stinger will have the effect of spreading the power band but the engine will not make the same peak hp.

Stinger length is important because its part of the pipe resonance. The wrong stinger length will reduce performance at the upper end of the rpm band. i.e. between peak torque and peak bhp.. There will be maybe one or two stinger lengths that will cut the rpm off at a certain level reducing the 'overrev' which gives the best top speed. There will be one stinger length which gives the best overall power and over-rev. I find no way to calculate that stinger length, trial and error is the only way. It's not dependent upon engine size, just on the pipe design. For example, my best .21 pipe runs over 100mm stinger but my best .90 runs around 60mm. One thing though, very short stingers up to 20mm long don't normally work and extremely long stingers of 150mm to 200 mm can work very well. Once the best stinger length is found, it does not seem to vary if the pipe length is altered.

Taken From Prestwich
Good post! There are also other factors not mentioned that are useful for outboards. One of which was extra important on the early TT engines I was running at the time. Fuel pressure.

Browsing through Youtube and I came across these videos. Anybody have an idea what pipes these guys are running? A couple of them look like either a Gadjet or a Salisbury pipe but I'm not sure which version or if that is what it even is? Anybody know because these 20 tunnels are STROLLING. Kentley's sounds surreal. I've never heard a .21 engine turn like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riUSMBR6V78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iS1xjGkg4M

-Mitch

Mitch, I was using an "off the shelf" 21 SSP Muffled pipe that I got from Tunnel Bill. Pipe has good mid-range as well as top end.

Back