What are the differences between SPP pipes?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxracer

Can anybody give me a general consensus on what the differences are between the various versions of the Salisbury Power Pipes? I know there is a TD-21, a NR-21 and a RS-21 I think, and then there's also the muffled pipe too.

What are the differences between these pipes? Which pipe is better suited for each application? What are the differences between torque and RPM when comparing these pipes?

And also, what about the muffled SPP pipe? Which pipe is that, the TD-21, NR-21, etc.? Or is it a completely different pipe all its own?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks guys,

-Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
The NR 21 pipe worked really well for me with Mac 21 and also with novarossi mod engines. From the 5 port to the new model of engine. Some of the guys from Australia can chip in and tell you alot more. The pipe on my mOtors on both Mac 21 and Novarossi motors I had got a really good increase in power, rpm and torque.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron, Greg or Tim should chip in on this, Im sure they will.

I think Mark Sholund knows quite a bit about them as well.

Hi Mitch,

I doubt the cones and belly are any different whether it's muffled or not so it will be the same as some of the unmuffled, just with the extra piece on the end.... Couldn't say if there's more than one type of muffled - I just don't know. I do know there were TD/NR pipes with mufflers, can't say on the RS version.

The biggest pain for me was establishing the stinger ID on the muffled ones. I used a set of drill bits as a go- no go guage thru the muffler outlet. Thankfully there wasn't any baffles in the way.

I have all three pipes,you are welcome to try them
And yeah Bob, that would be awesome. I've been wanting to see how they run compared to my Cooper. I think I've run just about every other 3.5 outboard pipe besides those. I'll shoot you a PM here in a little bit.

Thanks,

-Mitch

Top one - the original TD21H, muffled

Middle - The firstO/B version pipe (based on the TD21), unmuffled

Bottom - MS21 inboard, muffled.

TOSH0005.jpg

Alright guys, now what exactly is this pipe? It says TD-21 short on it, but it doesn't really look like the TD-21 already pictured. I've had the pipe for a few years now but haven't tried it yet. Can anybody give me a little info or feedback as to what it is and if there is a difference between it and the TD-21 (non short version)? I also noticed that it's a brownish color compared to rest of the pipes that are black. Is there a notable difference there as well?

IMG_6206.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

Thanks,

-Mitch

Alright guys, now what exactly is this pipe? It says TD-21 short on it, but it doesn't really look like the TD-21 already pictured. I've had the pipe for a few years now but haven't tried it yet. Can anybody give me a little info or feedback as to what it is and if there is a difference between it and the TD-21 (non short version)? I also noticed that it's a brownish color compared to rest of the pipes that are black. Is there a notable difference there as well?

View attachment 36781

View attachment 36782

Thanks,

-Mitch
Mitch,

I think that lettering is TB 21, Short? It's a long, long story.

TB

I also noticed that it's a brownish color compared to rest of the pipes that are black. Is there a notable difference there as well?
Purely cosmetic, for some reason people didn't want pipes that looked like a turd :lol: It's the same resin, just with black dye in it.

The NR21 muffled pipe is what I have been running for years. The only pipe close to that is the HTB HP. I have not tried the cooper pipe w/cast diverging cone.

Back