What pipes are these guys running?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxracer

Browsing through Youtube and I came across these videos. Anybody have an idea what pipes these guys are running? A couple of them look like either a Gadjet or a Salisbury pipe but I'm not sure which version or if that is what it even is? Anybody know because these 20 tunnels are STROLLING. Kentley's sounds surreal. I've never heard a .21 engine turn like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riUSMBR6V78

-Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes the good old Gadjet!!! I wish they where still being made, I want more of them!!! Aarons is the only one I could see and kinda blury.... Just guessing but I bet they where all Salisburys...

If i had to guess, they are custom or one off carbon pipes. I bet they arent a readily available off the shelf pipe. Its built specific to the boat/motor/timing/load/purpose. But I could be wrong....

I'd seen Aarons run but not KP's,

31 to 35 sec mark was SWEET!

Thanks for posting em Mitch ;)

Gene

Somewhere along the way the SPP outboard pipe names got altered - no idea why. The first one was known originally as an NR21OB (I have one of the first ones made) and it was based on the TD21 inboard pipe (I have the first one of that too). They were made with either a 0.270 stinger ID or a .290 ID - the latter suited the MAC O/B which fuelled up on the 0.270".. The later OB pipe which seems to sometimes get called a NR21OB is the curved version of the RS21 inboard pipe. The torque hit on a Nova powerhead is less brutal on the latter pipe and it makes more rpm. It's also less sensitive on the needle - which was a big issue for some people.

If gadjet pipes were made available again, the current exchange rate will make them expensive in the US. When I was selling them to Tunnelbill back in the day, the exchange rate was $1AU = $0.48 US. Now the exchange rate is $1 AU = $1.06 US, but they still cost about the same in AU$ to make. Oh and I know where the dies and moulds are. B)

Somewhere along the way the SPP outboard pipe names got altered - no idea why. The first one was known originally as an NR21OB (I have one of the first ones made) and it was based on the TD21 inboard pipe (I have the first one of that too). They were made with either a 0.270 stinger ID or a .290 ID - the latter suited the MAC O/B which fuelled up on the 0.270".. The later OB pipe which seems to sometimes get called a NR21OB is the curved version of the RS21 inboard pipe. The torque hit on a Nova powerhead is less brutal on the latter pipe and it makes more rpm. It's also less sensitive on the needle - which was a big issue for some people.

If gadjet pipes were made available again, the current exchange rate will make them expensive in the US. When I was selling them to Tunnelbill back in the day, the exchange rate was $1AU = $0.48 US. Now the exchange rate is $1 AU = $1.06 US, but they still cost about the same in AU$ to make. Oh and I know where the dies and moulds are. B)
You got my attention in that last paragraph! !!!!!

The SPP RS inboard pipe works awesome on a Novarossi in a Blackbird, I'm anxious to try the outboard version on my Mac and RB Concept power heads this Spring.

AMEN TO THAT....

Now you know your getting people excited when you state that in the open forum..... :lol: ...... The problem with knowing where the moulds are is that you get to watch them collect dust,,and thats just sad....... :( ........ We have had this conversation before,,im sure you remember,,,, but man tim,,, you need to poke dude in the ribs and tell him to start producing or part with them moulds cause they arent doin anyone any good sittin there....... Jerry sure missed them,,thats for sure,...

Now you've got me interested. What do we have to do to get those Gadjets back on the market? Is it too late to call dibbs on one of the first ones if they start getting built again? :huh: :lol:

Also another question since it sounds like you've had quite a bit of experience with both the Salisbury pipes and the Gadjet, which one worked better for you, the NR21OB "RS" pipe, or the Gadjet and what was the power curve difference?

-Mitch

Now you know your getting people excited when you state that in the open forum..... :lol: ...... The problem with knowing where the moulds are is that you get to watch them collect dust,,and thats just sad....... :( ........ We have had this conversation before,,im sure you remember,,,, but man tim,,, you need to poke dude in the ribs and tell him to start producing or part with them moulds cause they arent doin anyone any good sittin there....... Jerry sure missed them,,thats for sure,...
Yeah what old man Alden said!!!! :D :D

OK to answer the q's.

I had a little bit to do with both the Gadjetcraft and the SPP, but I wasn't the one making either brand pipe and can't take any credit. I was just the tester.

The original gadjet pipe was developed by the man who got me into boat racing originally and he spent many many hours playing around with pipe designs in metal, refining it until it was working well, then he made the carbon ones. We used aircraft props, a hand held tacho and a home made torque cradle to test initially then pond testing to confirm. He did the inboard testing and I did the outboard. Sadly, he moved out of the area and his interest in boats wasn't the same. I still made trips to his place to buy pipes for a while. His health declined, and he developed an allergy to resins so couldn't make them any more. Recently, he agreed to sell the moulds and inserts to a friend of mine who has his own business and can do these sort of things (I just couldn't do it - don't have the time or patience). He hasn't made any yet, but will be eventually. Whether he sells them or not - couldn't say. I hope he does because I really want one.

Now the SPP is a different story. My initial involvement was I gave Dave the dimensions for the TD21 inboard pipe (thus the name) after the pipe business was bought from Bolly. He sent me the first one to test, which I did at a big race here in Oz called the Hunter Valley Champs. I won the class - good sign. Got the attention of a certain well known pylon racer who happened to be there at the time who asked me all about it. - Better sign. Later down the track Dave agreed to make a curved one for O/B's. I tested that too on a Novarossi and it was impressive. Later refined it to suit the MAC by changing the stinger ID.

The latter O/B pipes were nothing to do with me. They were designed by Nitrocrazed as an inboard - I ordered one from Dave and I never got it.

Which pipe is better - SPP or Gadjet? Couldn't say. Depends on application and motor. I'd test both if both were available to test with. What works for one person may not work for another. Pulsetech has both - he could probably give you a good amount of feedback on how they compare.

Tim

PS, please don't PM me asking to buy pipes. I don't make pipes or have anything I'd be prepared to part with.

ahhhh gregs still has the full length stinger...greg,, im assuming it still has the .300 stinger,?? she is a beauty boss,,,hold onto her tight.....

tim,,,if you ever hear this guy that has the moulds now wants to sell them i would buy them in a heart beat...keep that in mind for me please...if he starts to produce them again then thats awsome too.....its a great o/b pipe that needs to make a come back for the better of the tunnel world..lol.....oh lmao to the p.s buddy....ill talk to you soon...im having issues with my hip...i think its cause kevin says im old,,and its wearing off on me...lol...so im sitting in the hospital now,,been for like 4 hrs...place sux....

Back