What makes a race prestigious?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett randall

I am looking for what you think makes a LOCAL District race worth going to...be specific

Braging rights?

Is it format?

Trophys?

Location?

Food?

Again, looking for specific answers and the why's behind them...

Thanks

Garrett Randall

Impba4.com

www.wakewalkers.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Randall,

The best races are run JUST AS the flyer states, If someone is not ready don't wait for them unless it is a small race and then put a time limit on the waiting period..... :lol:

Walt Barney

Garrett

For me its the people. This really gets me going because we have a great group of folks to run with in out district. I dont get the chance to race in other districts all that much but I think we are very lucky in ours. We have great people..heck I get to race in Dist6 and like the folks there too…

The next for me is competition. I like when I can go somewhere and race with the best. It might cost me a win more frequently then not but the learning experience is worth every butt kicking I get.

Bragging rights.. Nothing more fun then having the fun of getting a good dig in from time to time.. The problem with this is that you better be able to handle the backwash. There is a good chance that its going to get handed back at you the next year or so.. Hehehe

The trophies are nice but not the main reason for going.. This is not the case with the new racers however.. To them this is the most important part.. And it should be.. the people thing will come as they race more and more…

As far as formatting and racing…

Start as close to the start time as possible.

Calls should be the same for all.

And don’t ever wait for me to get ready for any heat.. if im not there I lose and I accept the hand dealt.

Grim

Number 1, the club hosting the race. Some do an excellent job of getting things done from getting everyone ready to race to retrieving dead boats afterwards.

Number 2, location. A site that is easy to get to from a Highway or major street.

Number 3, the little extra things. Bathrooms instead of Porta-Potties, some kind of Concession stand. A pond not full of debris.

A Club gets a good reputation and the people will come. I live in an area where I am close to 2 other Districts with races actually closer than most in my own. I like to hit those also just to meet other people that I only know otherwise from sites such as this one.

Hey Steve I was thinking what I wanted to say as I was reading and when I got to yours, Dang forgot what I wanted to say. But I like your thoughts. :D

Joe Grace

Well for me, I just like everything as long as the water is where you can race, and man I realy do like to race.

But for real, it's the people. There is nothing better than a close family and a lot of friends.

What a great sport ? Over the last two seasons I've made a lot of friends and after the Nats we are putting on in 2004, I look forward to having friends in several places around the world. I just can't come up with anything that will beat it ,eeeeeeeeh but maybe them trophy girls, what you think Steve. :D

Joe Grace

Last edited by a moderator:
The most important things are good competition (good competitors driving skills), accuracy and consistent implementation of the rules, such as start calls and driving infraction calls, and respectful behaviour of the race contestants to the CD, Pit bosses, etc.

JOSE ORTIZ IMPBA 11755

Back