What in the?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CySlyde

First, Happy labor day to everybody, hope you all found some time to get your toys wet.

I have gotten way too good at field stripping my boat.... but got some really great runs in today. unfortunatly i didn't get any good shots from last weekend 8" waves up north.... it just flew! THe second to last run unforrtunatly ended up like this

View attachment 551

Ok Ok I know that was a little decieving, came out of the corner pegged the throttle, went about thee inches and the boat went totally airborne.... not a wave in sight, notice the screws still attached to the motor mounts.

View attachment 552

oops sorry wrong pic.... still notice anything wrong? can't figure out what i hit, but one of the blades on the prop lost a little material, but you can't see it from the pics, anyways heres one more.... didn't even half to touch a screwdriver

it knocked the tank loose, part of my flotation into the muffler, and toatlly killed the motor. but i did get it to start again. but since the tank kept sliding forward and to the left it just spun out way too easily so i called it a day, ne-ways heres a pic of my mom driving a few minutes before that, unfortunatly i couldn't get her to face me long enough to get a pic of the grin on her face ;D

View attachment 554

Best I can figure, musta been a turtle, cause i didn't see anything in the water when i got out there. so far as i can see, not much real damage, just pulled out the mounts.... bat as you can see by some of the pictures, soo much for that fuel proof paint i had, stuff is just wiping off.

Most likly a turtle. I have them out where i run, and they do some damage, Full throttle and boat stops dead in its tracks hitting a turtle. Wish i could make a prop out of there shells.

NT

*patpats his turtle* no no. the evil man didn't mean what he just said.

...and if he did you can bite him.

;D

Just was looking again, Might need to reinforce the motor mounts, Could of just pulled out on its own with the torque of the engine. Alittle epoxy around and over them mount screws, it will be good to go, or if you never want to it break again, JB Weld.

and I like that a pullstart and a belt start can be used.

NT

Yeah i've been really happy with the boat, cept for a few minor frustrations that i rack up to being a beginner.... :) i know it hit something cause it jumped outa the water chipped the prop, and the fuel tank busted off its stickey tape.... but yeah those little rubber grommets are getting week, i ordered a new set last night, but i think i'm going to have to figure out something more permanant

Back