What ever happened to...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wasted wages

Supporting Member
B,C,D,F mono classes ?

Back before I left racing and boats for a while, these were some of the best classes to run. Lot's of boats in each class, good tight racing, and lots of fun to be had...

Now, I hardly seem to hear or see much about them, and some classes don't even make at a race..
These were some of the most filled classes in district 7 and I was just wondering, what classes are most popular in your district today...and why.

Discuss!!

When I got into racing RC boats at that time there very few races.
We were running usually just one and later maybe 2-3 classes.

The main events were IMPBA INTERNATS, The Indy Unlimited(some boat per person race),the Southern Gentleman and we put on a race in Birmingham for a few years.

So now there are a lot of races, virtually unlimited classes, so many the some classes don’t fill up enough to have a race.

So the issue is multi factorial.

Many nitro classes are dieing in a lot of areas. CD mono B tunnel E mono. You can build a gas anything and race at most any race in numbers. FE is coming but slower than Gas

NITRO IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gust sold every thing I have R/C boating related.
Time to move on tried of beating a dead horse.
Got me a new Italian sweet heart to play with.
1645659634205.png

Last edited:
Any fish pics ? I realize winter out west but maybe some redfish . The guys out of Cedar Key are doing well .
Still playing with the Trailer no time to fish.
Have to finish the off grid solar set up this week.
Playing with LiFePo4 Battery and inverter right now.
1645787743484.png
Make sure you do a good job welding that crank in Nitro King for Eric.
It is going to need all the help it can get.

Attachments

• 1645787756078.png
    1645787756078.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
NITRO IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gust sold every thing I have R/C boating related.
Time to move on tried of beating a dead horse.
Got me a new Italian sweet heart to play with.
View attachment 301350
Nice Stonfo 😀 I have the Transformer they are beautiful vises. I think I’m pretty well stocked up now, just sorting out blobs and boobies lol.A0FC4EAF-FE2E-4F70-B2EB-20D446E2672C.jpeg3F9B27D0-D2EA-4FFA-B19D-19C91EA13245.jpeg
C25F31EE-85E2-4298-8F09-83DCB84FC8DD.jpeg

Attachments

• 1646175105442.png
    1646175105442.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
B,C,D,F mono classes ?

Back before I left racing and boats for a while, these were some of the best classes to run. Lot's of boats in each class, good tight racing, and lots of fun to be had...

Now, I hardly seem to hear or see much about them, and some classes don't even make at a race..
These were some of the most filled classes in district 7 and I was just wondering, what classes are most popular in your district today...and why.

Discuss!!

my OPINION --
everybody [noobs and all ] decided they had to go fast!!
not learn how to drive.
not learn how to tune.
not learn how to setup a hull.
not modify and engine.
not learn how to prop a boat or mod ur props.
instant fast!

soo,,they all jumped into riggers.
rigger+stock engine+off the shelf hobby low nitro fuel with too much oil+cant tune an engine+cant setup a hull+cant figure out /mod a prop+i cant drive = a rigger aprox 1mph faster than a cat and 2mph faster than a mono =pathetic.
they stick with it for a while deluding themselves or actually pretending they are going faster,,elaborate ,heavy,pretty paint jobs that take all the corners off and add weight making it even slower.
buying the latest hull and latest engine every year (or more often) and still going the same speed CAUSE ITS YOU NOT THE BOAT.
THEN after a few seasons they get tired and say they are getting out of the hobby. but not after blaming the rules and calling for all sorts of new classes .

all this is really after being lapped in open water buy a .40 mono . ive seen it- dont tell me it didnt happen

until people start raising critical thinking,mechanics and tinkerers and designers and builders again we wont see any change just more of the above.
everyone wants plug and play/ready to run/instant speed and/or gratification these days.
and its sad when they are actually proud of their new toy,,what with all the youtube vids and the pics ,,like dude ,,you bought it like that. all u did was open the box and charge the batteries,,,some of em u dont even have to put the stickers on. lol

for example --lots of rtr electrics -->100mph right out the box no break in,any idiot can do it with dual 6s

in any case ,people like what they like and blaming why wont change it. to each his own n as i always say, have fun

^^^truth^^^

But the fun part is when you are the one driving the 10-15 year old F mono with about 6 colors of paint, primer and fiberglass and carve a three bouy turn inside of the " fast" brandy new high $$$$ rigger!!!

I remember a race in Houston once where a bunch of us old mono drivers were carving it up against some other stuff running around the bouys,,, and a few of the competitors stopped running and complained to the CD...

They said they were going to pack up and leave because us Texas drivers were being "too agressive" ...

We reminded them that this was just open water,,and the racin' didn't start until the next morning...if they thought we were being agressive now, it was probably best that they did sit out a few heats and decide if they wanted to race or go home in the morning...

Running boats is fun....but if you have expectations of your boat not bumpin' and runnin' during a race,,,
well..best not take it off the trailer.

Never did see the point in a super fancy paint job on a hull... probably why I never got into 1/8 scales...
My one and only really nicely painted boat was a CMDI SGX F rigger I had built by the Brown's...
I knew I could never achieve the same quality finish and paint scheme as the ones Andy offered in a full on factory build.
Fully prepared, 1.01 CMB with all the bells and whistles. Painted in the "White Heat" scheme.
It was a beautiful boat, and was worth every penny I spent having it built.

I never ran it.

It sat on the mantle for about three years,and I ended up selling it to a gentleman in California. :cool:

Running a model hydro on high nitro 2 stroke engines is NOT easy! It's definitely NOT a plug and play kind of activity. It takes either years of learning or the ability to REALLY listen to others with experience. I have to say that some of these RTR FE boats are pretty **** impressive though. Alot more computer engineering goes into those boats than in years past.

Nitro is so not dead.........struggling in some classes yes, but dead? Not hardly! There is still a bunch of hard core nitro racers that will race even if the entries are low and im one of 'em! Im racing electric now and there were almost 100 boats at a 1 day race in Brandon last Sunday! So electric is coming along nicely. Im not a Gas boat hater at all and if the other 2 types of power plants died off completely I'd have a couple of gas boats..........i just am not crazy about the size of them......there is still a ton of people out there that have nitro boats......they just need to get them to the races!
And it doesnt matter if we run Gas, Fast Electric, or nitro......they all cost money to go fast and race!

Back