What do you do for a living? Other Hobbys?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

I waters members,

We have done this before but because we have a bunch of new members lets get to know them better and them to know us better..

Join in if you wish..

Me

Michael Zaborowski

Im 40 years old work as a Mechanical Engineering Technician for Realityworks in Eau Claire WI.

I make Babies for a living... True...

I love heavy metal music..

I have a thing for cars.

I have a:

Fuel Injected 350 powered 1992 S-10 truck with over 1500 skulls panted on it. :blink:

1969 Hurst SC/Rambler "B" paint

Also a Faimly Cruser.

I have been married for 18 years and have a 15 year old daughter.. (big fun at that age)

I side contract for a company in town called Rods and Customs as there Air Brush guy.. (gets me in the JBI booth. if you know what i mean)..

I also run Power Surge Racing Products, LLC...

WHATS MY REAL PASSION...?

MODEL BOATING.... :D

And you?

Rock ON..

Grim :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see here..

Mark Scott (AKA - OB NUT)

41 years old..

Currently working for a company called IGS or IBM Global Services as a Mainframe System Operator.

Into hard rock or heavy metal music!!!!!!!

Been into R/C since the mid 80's with my favorite being Tunnel boats (go figure!) :lol: Mary (AKA - "HER") also enjoys my passion for running RC, whether it's on-road / off-road / boats..

On the side, I love to get muddy with my 97 Jeep running superswampers. No lift yet..

Until I get my first Harley, making due with a 84 Kaw 700 LTD..

2 kids - Kristy 10 and Mike 2.. Both have the same B-Day, only 8 years apart. B)

Later................

THIS IS ME

Wade Swatzell

I'm 32yr old. I work as a mold designer (plastic injection, vacuum forms, & match metal dies) mostly for the auto Industry. Mostly high profile parts, like grilles, & interior show parts, like instrument panels, & door trim.

I have been married for 7yr, but I have been with her since '89.

I have 2 boys. 5yrs , & 3 1/2yrs

I have a passion for boats & planes. .

I get a kick out of seeing something that I designed get built.

I like most types of music.

Ok here's a little about myself.

I'm John Daniels Jr, I am 36 years old(37 in June) married 17 1/2 years with a 16 year old daughter, and a 14 year old son.

I am Co-Owner/operator of Saddle Mountain Fire Suppression LLC. We are a private contractor company and contract a 4x4 wildland engine out to the Forest Service durin fire season. I usually only work from June to September every year, but sometimes fire season kicks in early in other areas and we get moving around March. We are available to travel anywhere in the US, Canada, and Mexico as needed. I've been firefighting for 9 years, and when I'm not busy with he business, I am also Assistant Fire Chief of my local volunteer fire department. We have about 10 people that respond to any fire or medical aid call in an area covering over 300 sq. miles, and none gets paid anything for their time with the Department.

My other hobbies are r/c trucks, riding quads and snowmobiles (Oregon has some of the best dune riding areas in the country out on the coast), 4x4 trucks I have a 91 F-350 4x4 with 7.3 Diesel and Banks Turbo and too many other vehicles to list here) lol, working on my 65 Mustang coupe, waterskiing, snowboarding, and anything else I can find that gets my addrennaline going. We also breed good quality AKC Boxers.

Russell Bear (AKA: Russell Bear) :)

36 years old

Live in League City, Texas

Work for Valero Refining at the Texas City & Houston plants as an Operator Driven Reliability and Reliability Centered Maintenance Coordinator (Wireless Computers), been here for 12 years once parolled from the Navy (Long Beach).

My wife Robyn "puts up" with my hobbie(s). Have 5 children, (4 girls and a boy). Hormones everywhere!!! :blink: :blink: The latest additions, twins, came 3 months early this year and spent 10 weeks in the hospital. (Our 1.8 Million dollar babies) :blink: Thank God for insurance. Everyone is healthy now. (We have come to hate hospitals this year)

I love to fly RC planes and teach my boy with the buddy box. But my passion is seeing my RoadRunner streak by. I haven't raced it yet, (go figure, when do I have the time) but hope to in 2004. I recently bought a very used Youngblood mono and am in the process of rebuilding and updating with new hardware. Hope to have my son race this one with me. Can't wait!!!

Mike Poulson (AKA MikeP)

47 Years old (I think), Married, I have 1 son 23 years old. Live in SLC, UT

Worked for the same New car dealership for 20 years, started as a Mitsubishi tech, now I am the network administrator for the group.

Started playing with R/C stuff in 1979 with an Associated 12E on road car. Moved to off road in the early 80's. Opened a off road R/C track and hobby shop in the mid 80's for a few years.

After smashing my wrist racing an 80cc shifter kart I went back to R/C stuff and got interested in boats. Been running boats for 3 years now.

I really enjoy the challenge and imagination involved in molding parts, my latest project is a FE molded airplane. My next boat project is a FF.21

MikeP

Here in Spokane,

Secretary to our boat club, working on steppin up to the next level-Disrict racing. That`s if I can get the driving thing down.

Single parent since 92, raised 3 kids-2 boys and a girl. Still have my daughter at home-13. Hope none of you ever have to go thru this, has been the single greatest challange of my life.

I do Blue-collar work, as a matter of fact I think at one time or another I have just about done them all, just kiddin. For now I am installing and maintaning Paint booths all over the west coast. I have this habit of doing a particular job for a few years getting tired of it and moving on to something else. The only thing that doesn`t change is my need for speed.

Oh-Yeah now 49, had a bunch of health problems in 96-couple of heart attacks and surgeries. Been under the knife 6 times and counting, thankfully I think everything has finally settled down. Before this I was a total wild man, didn`t know what sleep was, nowdays driving one of these boats is about all the excitement I can handle.

Have raced street cars, at one time had the fastest street car in the Oakland- Bay Area. At least I never got beat. Had a couple of very fast full size boats and did a little circle racing for a few years. And last I LOVE Nascar, however I am afraid the Corporate thing is going to ruin it. Got to let the Bad Boys be Bad Boys!!

Doug Forrester

I live in Richmond Hill, Ontario (suburb of Toronto). I'm 60 years old, married but no kids (just a houseful of animals and a horse at the barn). I spent over 30 years as a commercial advertising photographer but I'm semi-retired now and work part-time in a library.

I used to race sports cars and 100cc Karts and started flying electric RC airplanes about 20 years ago. I also started building and designing raceboats about the same time (something about the need for speed...).

My particular boating passion is hydroplanes (specifically scale and sport hydros). I'm looking forward to releasing my first laser-cut wood electric sport hydro kit in January (Forresterace Designs). If I can find the time in the new year, I would love to get into building and racing nitro hydros too.

Gene Gillman,

49 and holding, 5 kids total, three are still at home, two girls three boys.

Slideblues aka Gener and a few other guest logins....... :wacko:

Then,

Outta high school rebuilding Turbojets for USAF under civilain contract with General Electric, Assc package main fuel control, AB fuel control and pump.

Test engineering documentation control manager/ test lab tech, for Motorola Display Systems.

Now,

Field service tech for broadcast and live venue sound systems, commercial and private. Luv dat Rock and Roll, this new stuff confuses me......... :p

Been playin guitar for 30 years and enjoy 35mm photography, raced bikes in my younger years, motocross and drag, screwed up my back and had ta quit, R/C stuff fer a long time now.

Bob Kensill aka krpnova

48 years young

Retired mechanical engineer,retired marina owner. Currently work at Phil's Hobby Shop.

Twin daughters(grown) and six grand children.

Wife,Karen also races boats (Witch of the Waves).

Started racing full-scale tunnels in 1968,started in model boat racing in 1980.

Manufacture Equalizer tuned pipes and Nova tunnels. I have won US1 once and National champ ten times.

My current goals are to be in the 100mph club (my fastest pass has been 92mph) and am trying to build a couple of world record boats.

I enjoy Gas,Nitro and Electric boats and don't discriminate against any.

I was IMPBA Outboard Director for ten years.

I'm Joe Knesek. I'm 39 years old and have 2 kids E.J. (12) & Emily (9). I've been married to Becky for 16 years and live in Lyndhurst, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland.

I'm a Corporate Claims Manager for Progressive Insurance. I've been racing boats for 16 years and I'm a former Marine. I'm a big NASCAR fan and play competitive softball.

I'm a Production Team Leader for BorgWarner Transmision systems.... yep I make car parts... friction material that is used in automatic transmissions. got my BS in psychology. 33 years old. 2 kids Paul-3 1/2 and Abby 1 1/2 and wife Jamie.

Ever since i was a kid I wanted anything to do with speed... done rc cars and boats, model trains when i was a kid. I was about 12 when I got my first rc car..... about 15 I got my first rc boat.

Started racing rc boats when I was about 23 I guess??

that's me....

Last edited:
BS in psyc............... :eek: **** ya never guess that talk'n to him on the phone :p

Oh yea..... I pick on Tom every chance I get, He,He :D

Mark Poole

Milledgeville, Georgia

41 years young, single.

I grew up around the water driving boats long before I could drive a car. It was no suprise to anyone around me that I got a job working on boats after finishing tech school. I was dedicated to it. Raced Mod-E class boats in the early 80's and made OMC Master Technician at age 25. All of that experience in the marine enivironment taught me a lot about engines, props, hull designs etc. I became most interested in fiberglass fabrication and design, and it is now my passion and hobby. When I am at the lake testing my boats someone will walk up and ask where I got my boats. When I tell them I built it they just smile and say "yeah right". To me that is the ultimate compliment.

These days I am a member of the United Steel Workers and work for a company that designs and builds heating and air conditioning products. I enjoy all types of music but have say to my favorite is classic rock. I live on the water and enjoy, boating, fishing and water skiing. My favorite with the RC boats is the outboards and currently building Mod-VP hulls. Working on getting some people to form a club because there a lot of nice places around here to run/race.

Model boaters are good people and I enjoy the hobby very much.

Mark

Have enjoyed reading about each of you.

I am 55 Years old

Married for 25 years to Kim we met in 1975

Have one son 21 years old who still works with me 2 hours a day.

I started building Hot Rods at 14 years old I did not get far until metal shop in high school. Where the shop teacher helped me build a 23 T in the 3 1/2 years I was there.

I went to school for Auto body and fender and worked in the trade for 2 years and decided I did not like it.

Went to trade school to learn welding could not stand the fumes.

Opened a Head shop in 1970 in Portland Or. Sold it in a year and one half. Tried to find my self on a commune for a while, where I found jewelry. I lived on the back of a 1947 5 ton flat bed International with a wood camper that I built on the back, for 10 years. I was a bench Jeweler for 30 years. The last 10 a diamond setter.

I love anything to do with speed I own 1969 Mustang Grande, 1969 Mustang fastback, 1971 SS 454 El Camino the last two are projects that I am working slowly on, due to that I would rather work on and race Nitro and electric boats. I started BBY Racing in 1993 as a hobby business, Five years ago I went full time at it.

I started building RC boats in 1982, racing in 1990. I enjoy RC cars some but just a little in the winter. I have built all kinds of RC boats. Like Hydros the best and am starting to lean more towards scale every day.

I live In Walnut Creek Ca. In a nice house with all my toys on each side of it the front and back is my wife's.

I am the Chairmen for Fast Electric's in District 9

I am the Sergeant at arms for the Devil Mountain Water Boilers.

Wave been the Commodore for Model Mariners and the DMWB and was the Treasurer for the MM for the last three years.

Steve Colby

I am 26 years old. I work as a cad/cam programmer in the die and mokd trade. I do almost the same thng as Wade but different. Pretty much just plastic injection molds for the automotive industry. As far as music I usually don't care what type it is. Hobbies. I have kind of norrowed it down to three.... Scuba diving, a large (250 gal.) aquarium, and rc boats ( pretty much any type). Married with a 15 month old son.

Hi everyone, my name is Don Luckhurst. I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada. I am 50 yrs old. I have a 21 yr old daughter, a17 yr old son and my lovely wife Brenda who puts up with all of us always with a smile on her face. I have been employed with the Toronto Transit Comission as a driver for 25 years. I have always had a love for boats of all kinds. My current boats include a 26' Sea-Ray, a Dunlap 27, 3- J.D. W.O.F 29's which have all been modified. I am currently building a John Finch "Wild Thing", a Phil Thomas Sport 40 and my son and I are building a 10' "Tunnel Mite" which is powered by a 25hp Johnson. I have been RC boating for 3 yrs. As you can see I have a full plate. My son and I are members of the 'Northern Lights Model Boat Club". We have had some success racing in Dist. 1 but most of all enjoy the company and support we get from other members and everyone who surfs into Int'l Waters.

Yup, that's my real name to the left. 51 years old, been married to Brenda for 18 years and one son, Eric, age 16. I'm an Assistant Machine Operator for Graphic Packaging International and have been there for 31 years. I've had the usual toys, a '74 `Cuda that I Drag raced, a Dune Buggy, Bass boat, motorcycle and lots of other things in my time. As far as R/C goes, I've done on-road, off-road, crashed a lot of planes but now have about 6 boats and 2 nitro trucks.

Current rides are a '94 Ford Ranger that hauls the boating gear to the races and a '98 GMC Jimmy for the family bus.

Music, I'll listen to about anything, including some Rap but don't like Jazz.

NASCAR and Drag racing fan but will watch about anything race with a motor on it.

Well u can read my name lol ,

Living in Belgium ( i can hear u all thinking where is that , lol , to shortly explain , under the Netherlands, on the right side of the UK , left side of germany , above France )

Age 24 , still single

living : Dental technician , self employed

music , hmm 70's till 90's ( mainly )

Boating , since 8 years now , still busy learning the basics :) :) :rolleyes:

Only doing FSR V boating , got already enough in my hands on that ,

regards ,

Bart

by this lol , all gentlemens who want to send me a picture of their lovely daughter ( age 18 till 30 ) lol are really welcome LOL LOL ( before things happens like on rcboats lol , im joking about the pictures lol ) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: B) :p

Back