Well, Well, Well,

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precision Boats

Had to dust off the cobb webbs to get on here. Boy Ol Boy its been awhile not to sure on how to still do it. It's good to seen new tunnels coming out. But I sure would like to see something totally different than a look of someones elses boat. Carl builds a awsome product and understands the design from the word go. For me and my crew we will still run Van's racing products got 4 brand news ones still in the box. L_ynx and Shaman. One day we will return with a whole new bag of tricks... And set the water on fire................

Carl how's it going? give me a call sometime.I will send you a pm.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to dust off the cobb webbs to get on here. Boy Ol Boy its been awhile not to sure on how to still do it. It's good to seen new tunnels coming out. But I sure would like to see something totally different than a look of someones elses boat. Carl builds a awsome product and understands the design from the word go. For me and my crew we will still run Van's racing products got 4 brand news ones still in the box. L_ynx and Shaman. One day we will return with a whole new bag of tricks... And set the water on fire................
Carl how's it going? give me a call sometime.I will send you a pm.

Tim
Tim,

I just can't believe my eyes. Glad to see that you still think about us. Great job on the crank kits.

Look foward to seeing you soon,

Jeff Whiddon

Bill,

I don't know you and don't think you know me. I am not here to slam anyone in any way. Don't need to, got out of the Hobby Business several years ago. I was told about your hull several months ago from someone. The first words from there mouth was how it was not a copy! I did not even ask that question. I know there was alot of hard work to build the hull and alot of thoughts put into it.

But you missed my point, all pickup trucks sort of look alike. Thank God someone one day said I think I can make that old model "T" better and he did. Or whatever model it was.Look where we are today. Be creative go your on way. Cut your on path.. That is how we all get better KISAN And I hope you did, and will, I cannot say I have never seen your hull. The workmanship looks good. Good luck with your project. And please don't make jokes of kids with medical disabilites. That is not funny.... B) or cool. I will not repost to any responce so you can slam me any way you want to, this is why I should not post on here anytime. Gods Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

www.ptpmfg.com

Bill,
I don't know you and don't think you know me. I am not here to slam anyone in any way. Don't need to, got out of the Hobby Business several years ago. I was told about your hull several months ago from someone. The first words from there mouth was how it was not a copy! I did not even ask that question. I know there was alot of hard work to build the hull and alot of thoughts put into it.

But you missed my point, all pickup trucks sort of look alike. Thank God someone one day said I think I can make that old model "T" better and he did. Or whatever model it was.Look where we are today. Be creative go your on way. Cut your on path.. That is how we all get better KISAN And I hope you did, and will, I cannot say I have never seen your hull. The workmanship looks good. Good luck with your project. And please don't make jokes ok kids with medical disabilites. That is not funny.... B) or cool. I will not repost to any responce so you can slam me any way you want to, this is why I should not post on here anytime. Gods Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

www.ptpmfg.com
Point taken and fair enough.

I just don't like getting bombed for defending myself when someone accuses me of doing something as crappy as that. It was put out there that I copied/splashed/mimicked another boat and after months of late nights, loss of sleep, pissed off wife, etc. that just pisses me off.

But you are right.

Nuff said, I am finished talking about it. let people believe what they will.

Bill

Bill,

But you missed my point, all pickup trucks sort of look alike. Thank God someone one day said I think I can make that old model "T" better and he did. Or whatever model it was.Look where we are today. Be creative go your on way. Cut your on path.. That is how we all get better KISAN And I hope you did, and will, I cannot say I have never seen your hull. The workmanship looks good. Good luck with your project. And please don't make jokes of kids with medical disabilites. That is not funny.... B) or cool. I will not repost to any responce so you can slam me any way you want to, this is why I should not post on here anytime. Gods Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

www.ptpmfg.com
Tim I had a look at your website very nice! Sure would be nice to see you and Josh show up at a race or even a fun run. Mike

Carl must have a few old ones layin' round to. I noticed he and his crew all showed up with brand new ones. I guess he's all caught up with the list he was behind on. <_< <_<
Carl does not build the L_ynx commercially any more. I'm sure he has a mold or two at his home for his personal use. I have a mold and am the one making them for sale, and the one that is way behind behind on my waiting list. Things are starting to roll, and folks will start seeing boats in about 2 weeks. It has been a slow start, and I've taken on far more than I have time for, but I will continue forward. I have a TT in Huntsville this weekend, so tunnel work will suspend for 3 days.

The boats that Carl had at the race were likely not the L_ynx, they were something new that Carl is working on, but not yet ready for production. He still has the Shaman and Warhead molds, and we are still kicking around me making those, but I'm not even going t consider it until I get more caught up. I suspect that Tim has some boats that he bought a while ago still in the box, but I may be wrong.

Bill; I think an apology might be a good idea. Your comment about down-syndrome was very low and hurtful. Not cool.

My niece passed away because of down-syndrome and she was one of the most positive kids I ever knew.

Not mentioning this for pity or anything else, just that people should think before they type and stop sweating the small stuff. People thinking you copied something is not a big deal......that ain't nothing man.......keep things in prospective and enjoy yourself and this great hobby!

God Bless!

Russ

I agree and I basically stated that in another post. One thing I couldn't understand though was that the foot on Carls l_ynx had more negative in it that a kid with down syndrome.... He MUST know something I don't... Maybe I need to pull out my old copy of Basics of Tunnel Boats. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: hmm...

Bill; I think an apology might be a good idea. Your comment about down-syndrome was very low and hurtful. Not cool. My niece passed away because of down-syndrome and she was one of the most positive kids I ever knew.

Not mentioning this for pity or anything else, just that people should think before they type and stop sweating the small stuff. People thinking you copied something is not a big deal......that ain't nothing man.......keep things in prospective and enjoy yourself and this great hobby!

God Bless!

Russ

I agree and I basically stated that in another post. One thing I couldn't understand though was that the foot on Carls l_ynx had more negative in it that a kid with down syndrome.... He MUST know something I don't... Maybe I need to pull out my old copy of Basics of Tunnel Boats. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: hmm...
The reply has already been removed.

And I do apologize for the remark. Sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain can think.

I also apologize for the slanted comments about the list. I know that is still a sore spot for some.

I just don't like being accused of something like that. I have already stated that the l_ynx is great boat and Carl is a master at building them. In my opinion under no circumstances would anyone even dare to copy it without severe retribution. Why would anyone think I would?

I am now finished with this topic and will post no more about it.

Bill

Carl must have a few old ones layin' round to. I noticed he and his crew all showed up with brand new ones. I guess he's all caught up with the list he was behind on. <_< <_<
Carl does not build the L_ynx commercially any more. I'm sure he has a mold or two at his home for his personal use. I have a mold and am the one making them for sale, and the one that is way behind behind on my waiting list. Things are starting to roll, and folks will start seeing boats in about 2 weeks. It has been a slow start, and I've taken on far more than I have time for, but I will continue forward. I have a TT in Huntsville this weekend, so tunnel work will suspend for 3 days.

The boats that Carl had at the race were likely not the L_ynx, they were something new that Carl is working on, but not yet ready for production. He still has the Shaman and Warhead molds, and we are still kicking around me making those, but I'm not even going t consider it until I get more caught up. I suspect that Tim has some boats that he bought a while ago still in the box, but I may be wrong.

The 21 boats that Carl and his group came with to the race were his new design, called the Taboo. It is a redesigned Lynx but with some updated features, which I will not share. That information came directly to me from Carl in January and not by a third party. That is one the benefits of being a boat designer and builder. Refinements and new designs to improve the product is what it is all about.

Bill has taken a lot of time and effort designing and building his own version and hoping it will compete very well with all the other models. It showed a lot at the race in difficult conditions, especially on Saturday afternoon. Do not stifle innovation of his or anyone's efforts. That takes away all motivation.

What distresses me the most is that this pissing contest started at the CMB race, the World Champs. The CMB club has not gone through all the work that we did, the expenses we incurred, the first class race that we staged, the food provided, the clothing that people were screaming for and all of the trophies that we obtained, just to have our race drawn into a dispute. It is not fair to the CMB club. You all need to knock this stuff off and flat grow up.

Back