• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED: VIOLIN ??? Crazy huh

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Guys,

Help me out here. A year ago, there was a boater on IW that offer me a kids violin. He told me w/6 kids one day I'd need it. I never got to follow up becasue I lost his e-mail address....sadly, I can't remember who it was.

Anyone recall this??............if not does anyone have one for sale at a decent price or want to trade it for r/c/ boat stuff??

My wife has one she might get rid of. I think it would be pretty neat to put a CMB .45 or homelite gasser in it with a little hardware myself. I will ask here tomorrow though if she woudl get rid of it.

Guys,

Help me out here. A year ago, there was a boater on IW that offer me a kids violin. He told me w/6 kids one day I'd need it. I never got to follow up becasue I lost his e-mail address....sadly, I can't remember who it was.

Anyone recall this??............if not does anyone have one for sale at a decent price or want to trade it for r/c/ boat stuff??

Hi Rodney,

It wasn't me that originally offered it to you, but I have a kid's size ( 3/4 ) violin in a hard case.

It needs a new bridge and some other small repair work...... I bought it at a garage sale for $5 thinking that I could put an electric motor in it and have a very unique little boat.. but like most brainstorms I have, no time.

anyhow, I thought that before I cut into it I should see if it had some value as a violin. I found that you can buy a new 3/4 student violin on eBay for $50 to $75. Some less............ I kinda figured that it would cost more than that to get the one I have into usable condition.

If you are really interested in the one I have, PM me. But I think you may be better off looking for one already in playing condition.

.............................. Six kids?? WOW Rodney!! I only have 3 and that's made me half nuts and what little hair I have left was gray by the time I was 35......... Good luck with that!!!

Bob the Fool :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
warrgy69,

thanks for the help, I appreciate it

Hi Rodney,

It wasn't me that originally offered it to you, but I have a kid's size ( 3/4 ) violin in a hard case.

I found that you can buy a new 3/4 student violin on eBay for $50 to $75.

.............................. Six kids?? WOW Rodney!! I only have 3 and that's made me half nuts and what little hair I have left was gray by the time I was 35......... Good luck with that!!!

Bob the Fool :blink:
Bob,

3 kids is still alot, I was good (all brown hair) w/5 kids.........number 6 though I'll tell you had he been my 1st he'd have been my last.... :lol: :lol: :lol: He's a bad A$$, total dare devil that requires no sleep! :lol: :lol: now my hair is really getting gray! :eek: He keeps our family in stitches, literally and figuratively.

As for the violin, I lose even more boating time w/this next venture! Oh well, it's why I had so many kids their great.

Cheers,

Rod

Well I talked to my wifey and she said she didn't want to sell it. I to have a little girl she wants to teach. Sorry, it was worth a try. I would still like to throw that CMB .45 or even a K&B o/b on it and sell how it rode. Good luck finding one.

Latest posts

Back