Revived an old Eagle 60

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason O'Brien

Supporting Member
My best friend in the entire universe, Glenn Quarles, gave me an old Eagle 60 rigger back in February. It'd been sitting a while, so there was lots of gunk. It got me excited about RC boats again. I pulled it apart, painted it, fixed stuff. The usual. Added a Speedmaster 3rd ch mixture, made a new cowling, bought a new motor, dug out my old pipes, just normal stuff. Then I remembered how much I'd forgotten. A lot of people helped my regain my footing...GQ, MTJ, John Beardsley, and Mark Sholund, but I owe a standing ovation to Danny King. Poor guy. He took the full brunt of my curiosity. All via text too, w/o actually seeing or hearing any of my problems live. It's like they say I suppose, it aint who you know, it's who knows you. My boss once told me to always be the dumbest guy in the room, and these guys make that crazy-easy to pull off.

At any rate, someone told me that considering the weight (11Lbs wet)... getting one of these to 65 mph was decent, 75 mph was respectable, and 80 mph was worthy of a high-five. I'll take my high-five now, and somebody hug Danny King. He deserves it.

Attached a couple of pics, post paint, and some video. Sweet boat.
IMG_0613.jpeg67357629508__19FAC59E-C07A-434F-9973-90011C42439E.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1651.mov

It’s amazing when people listen to advice.
I love it when people try hard. Your results are proof it works. Now the next 10 mph won’t be so easy. Lol. But no doubt you will try.
Nothing wrong with the weight it’s a heat boat.
Just wait till you get the right game changer on there! All good stuff Jason. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks little buddy. I'm thinking about asking if Freestyle Libre, or Noom, or Jenny Craig will sponsor me...cause she's a spicy-lardbutt-kitty!!! Nitro in one end, insulin in the other, just like her daddy.

My best friend in the entire universe, Glenn Quarles, gave me an old Eagle 60 rigger back in February. It'd been sitting a while, so there was lots of gunk. It got me excited about RC boats again. I pulled it apart, painted it, fixed stuff. The usual. Added a Speedmaster 3rd ch mixture, made a new cowling, bought a new motor, dug out my old pipes, just normal stuff. Then I remembered how much I'd forgotten. A lot of people helped my regain my footing...GQ, MTJ, John Beardsley, and Mark Sholund, but I owe a standing ovation to Danny King. Poor guy. He took the full brunt of my curiosity. All via text too, w/o actually seeing or hearing any of my problems live. It's like they say I suppose, it aint who you know, it's who knows you. My boss once told me to always be the dumbest guy in the room, and these guys make that crazy-easy to pull off.

At any rate, someone told me that considering the weight (11Lbs wet)... getting one of these to 65 mph was decent, 75 mph was respectable, and 80 mph was worthy of a high-five. I'll take my high-five now, and somebody hug Danny King. He deserves it.

Attached a couple of pics, post paint, and some video. Sweet boat.
View attachment 304790View attachment 304788

View attachment 304789
Well done man!

Jason,

I am finishing up your propeller tonight. I had a strained left middle finger
for the last month, which has been hard to hold them while grinding. I just
received the go ahead from the doctor to resume business. Sorry it took
so long. This was the first injury that I have had in over 24-years of doing
propellers. It happened at work lifting up a huge piece of a deck.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Wow, nice looking vintage Eagle! And runs beautiful.
Thanks David! It was a LOT of fun getting it back in working order. I really enjoy reverse engineering and restoring proper craftsmanship. I recently put it back in the hospital, for a 3/16 to 1/4" shaft upgrade. I was running a pretty hot blue-head CMB .67, and eventually wrung off the 3/16" at the stub (just like Danny King told me would happen). She may not be the fastest thing on the water, but she's tough!!!

Back