• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED NOVAROSSI LS PISTONS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

I lost a NR piston on Saturday at Atlanta when a C clip broke and the wrist pin hit a port and shattered the piston. Does anyone have any extra pistons? OD for the sleeve is 0.767".

Please let me know.

I lost a NR piston on Saturday at Atlanta when a C clip broke and the wrist pin hit a port and shattered the piston. Does anyone have any extra pistons? OD for the sleeve is 0.767".
Please let me know.
John, Bill McGraw has just pistons. You can give him OD an he will ship you one. It's a crapshoot, my have to machine. Ray

Please let me know.
John, Bill McGraw has just pistons. You can give him OD an he will ship you one. It's a crapshoot, my have to machine. Ray

I ordered a set from Bill today and he told me that. Noticed that the bottom of the liner where the wrist pin caught is out of round slightly. Have no current means to straighten it out for a new piston to be fitted. Anyone know of a way or someone that can get it back in round?

John, All that considered, I'd go for new piston an sleeve to be sure. Big Race coming. :ph34r: Ray

Yep, already done that and is being shipped tomorrow. For what it is worth, Bill told me today that the newest batch in from NR has 2 bridges over the large exhaust port and not totally open like the older ones. He noted that some of them ran a new sleeve in an engine on Saturday and it ran well. Begs the question of removing it or to leave it alone. With the race a month away I guess it will stay for now or for good. Testing will determine.

I am looking to hopefully save this one as a spare and get Brad to make a new piston for it. I will call him to find out if no one offers one or more to me. He has done several for me already and they are superb!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back