Want to see what the HOTTEST .12 rigger kit of 2003 looks like?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of buggy motors come with slide carbs, I came up with one way of using them that works pretty good. It's simple but does take some custom work. It's a piece of delron pressed on the intake and a hole drilled in the side for the cable.

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/rigger1.jpg

Tom,

Nice job on the FF.12 kit. At that price I think you will do great, I hope you figured in some profit.

-MikeP

Nice way to do it Mike! A friend dropped off an old Aeromarine 3.5 cat for me to work on for him that has a slide carb Nova Rossi in it. He used an airplane 90 degree bellcrank on his. An old servo arm could work also if you have the room for these. I'm talking old, remember S-28 servos?

Hmmm, S-28? Is there something new out? I still have them in airplanes.

-MikeP

well 12 hardware currently does not have any stand out best.... stuff that will work good:

fullers fast electric

speedmaster

hughey

octura

all can work good

Gary Preusse is going to start carrying a custom Octura setup for these boats. He is also going to see what Ed Hughey has, he said that Ed's hardware should be cheaper and lighter than Octura's. The Fuller's hardware looks really nice too. Speedmaster is overkill but Tom likes that. It would be great if Bill came out with a smaller kit for .12's, especially motor mounts. Andy Brown has a hardware kit but I can't find a price and haven't seen any pix of it. I sent them an e-mail a while back and haven't gotten a response yet. Bet it isn't cheap though!

I did find a place that has CF tuned pipes in Australia for .12's, gotta look into those some more.

I knew that somebody was going to ask me this! I should have put the link in the posting in the first place! Here it is:http://www.fastelectrics.com/nitro.asp They don't show the .12 pipe or else they are using the .21 pipe on their RTF mono boat.

I like the idea of using a car engine. Their cheap to buy and parts are easy to get. Why don't more people use air cooled engines in there boats?

That looks really nice Tom! Congrats. I can't wait to see one of those babies go against a HH.12.

Ron is right. It isn't that easy to make one that cheap. I know that ours has a lot of expensive goodies included with the kit, for example the Power Surge tank, and carbon parts. But you're gonna have to let us in on some price saving technics.

Hammer

Way da go Tom and associates!

Great job on the F.F. kit.

Hope this will spark some new interest in the hobby.

Going to talk to my local hobby shops and see what they think and if they are interested in carrying a kit in stock.

WOW!!!! This boat scoots.

I gave one to a friend of mine to build up and set up for me. (I dont run a lot of nitro due to noise restrictions on our pond)

I went down to his place to check it out on his lake yesterday.

Lets just say I will be making the trip to his place to run with them more often. What an awsome boat.

There were several other guys there watching the first run, and all were so impressed that we took several orders. I smell a new class starting. ;D

Well done Tom!!! great design. Boat runs like it is on rails, it is stable, and turns on a dime without any tendancy to spin out.

Peter

Get em now boys!!! Kits are in stock and ready to ship.

Visit www.climatemodels.com

www.firefighterboats.com

Back