Want to see what the HOTTEST .12 rigger kit of 2003 looks like?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climate Boatworks

Here you go guys.

The Firefighter 12 kit.

The kit is now in full production, and orders are being taken. Be the first at your pond to have the hottest, most popular .12 rigger kit of 2003!!!

"Set the water on fire with a Firefighter boat"

www.firefighterboats.com

ff12kit.jpg

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll see about that! ;D ;D All you others, don't worry, Peter and I were picking on each other in Toledo. Nice kit.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz, Whats HOT!!!! Mastercard, or Visa, Tom did it? Where does the outboard go? Its time for my nap, Looks Good!!!! zzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

Gene :p

Ron,

Are you building a .12 kit or rigger? I was gonna buy a FF .12 but if you tinkering w/putting out a kit I might wait! ???

Yahoo.... ;D It is finally a reality! Seems like it took for ever to get here but after much hard work my buddy Peter and I finally pulled it off! Thanks for your help Peter!

I can't wait to get my first full production kit!

no the sponsons do not come built. this is a kit.... easy to build if you ask me but i'm biased for sure ;D

we can build one for you if you want.

Hey credit is deserved where it is due.

I think we all should give Tom a big hand for all his hard work on this one.

This is one of the nicest kit designs I have ever seen.

Tom has been working with us on this kit for over 3 years!

Any of you that know him, understand that he is very particular on how a kit should be. Parts were designed, and re designed several times to make them absolutely perfect.

Tom would send me drawings with a little note attached, saying "I am not 100% happy with this part. I want to change it a bit." Back to the drawing board!

The final design is simply amazing, and amazingly simple.

That is part of what makes this new design so much fun. It is easy to build, inexpensive, it’s fast! and best of all...lots of fun.

Thanks Tom! You have done a great job.

I'm still trying to figure out how they can be sold so cheaply! We have Carbon Fiber in ours and that stuff isn't cheap, neither is the Laser time!

BTW, Climate's boat stand will also fit the HH .12, I might have to get some of those myself!

Congradulation Tom

I can't wait to have a race with a Firefighter 12 & Hammerhead 12 go head to head! That will be a sight to see! ;D

thanks for the compliments guys.

i'm trying to talk the dupage club in to having a .12 rigger class. the club pres has a 12 he made for his son, plus mine, plus garys, maybe ron and a hammer head....

hey guys! the first kit of a new generation of boats has arrived!!! AAAWWWLLLRRIGHT!!!! sounds like something that will be a great chance for hobbyists abroad to "dive" into rc nitro boating at a price that's right. the great thing is that our young rc car kids may be able to swap their engine and radio out of, say, their rc10gt they've grown tired of and try something new with minimal upfront costs. do you have to use a barrel type carb? or maybe you offer a bellcrank in the kit? if i had any constructive criticism, it would to DEFINITELY include a turn fin with the kit. a template in the instructions would be ok, i guess, for us with experience, but I can't see that throwing one in would increase the price significantly. maybe it's me, but turnfins are hull specific, and I want one pre-made to duplicate the designers exact fin. just my 2 cents, and I can appreciate your trying to keep the price down, but I feel you are shooting yourself in the foot on that! at least offer one! lol ....that opinion applies to all of the riggers offered by Climate Boatworks.

fwiw- Clay

Hey clay, well there are many turn fin shapes, some people can easily make one themselves and save a few bucks. If you want the same one I use I tell you exactly where to get it in the instructions. I really didn't think it would be a big deal. boats don't come with rudders & struts..... when did you see a mono kit that included the skid fins? Same idea i would say.

yea you would have to find a bell crank to use a slide carb. I only did it once a long time ago. it was a real pain in the behind. I would not recommend it. trying to find linkage that will work was my biggest problem. The tub is just not wide enough.

yeah, being that the boat is small and light, the turnfin is fairly simple to make and play around with bends and stuff. i.e.- thin sheet metal is easy to cut and bend. if you supply a template in the instructions, that's would be just great for me. is there a template? newbies wouldn't have a clue to what size and shape to make it otherwise. maybe you have a source i'm not familiar with, but fins like the one offered by grimracer are way to big for these little boats. after i got a hold of a second hand blizzard rigger, i called climate boatworks to get a fin and they recommended mike z's. lol, total overkill....that boat would practically sink with that fin on it. no offense, but that's not the best combination imho. :)

Clay

The turn fin we are making for the 12s is ( this is a new fin and we are checkning the files on it now) is a 60% version of our US-1 Ninja Sprint 21 turn fin.

However it is 6061. no needs for 7075 on this or any 12 boat.

As soon as we have the fins in i will post that info here. BTW this fin would make a great hammer fin as well.

Keep you posted.

Grim

I think rev 1 of the instructions dont include the template, but it will be rev 2 real soon and downloadable from the website.... i can include one no problem. my turn fin is a cut down grimrcer.com turn fin. Mike/grimracer I believe will soon have .12 size specific turn fins available.

That looks like a great little rigger! I just finished my li'l Rascal and might be interested in another .12 rigger. Do you guys have a web site? And what is the cost of the kit? Thanks!

That looks like a great little rigger! I just finished my li'l Rascal and might be interested in another .12 rigger. Do you guys have a web site? And what is the cost of the kit? Thanks!
The boat is designed by www.firefighterboats.com

www.climatemodels.com is doing all the hard work putting the kits together for firefighter. You can get the kit at either place.

Latest posts

Back