Picco 45 brass fuel inlet issue

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Zaker Jr

Supporting Member
I am fighting with keeping the brass fuel inlet snug . This is the 2 screw type that can be rotated to any clock position. Been down the road with Loctite,flat washers under the screw heads, ultra high temp silicone etc.I also lapped the surface of the carb body to make sure the fit is perfect Any thoughts? Thx

Ron,

Joe turned me onto a fix for it. Get some very small clear plastic washers and put one under the bolt. Lowe's has them or a well stocked hdwe store. The plastic washer absorbs the vibrations and does not come loose. I still use blue locktite and mine now stay put - been 3+ years now. The metal washers vibrated loose.

John

Ron,

Joe turned me onto a fix for it. Get some very small clear plastic washers and put one under the bolt. Lowe's has them or a well stocked hdwe store. The plastic washer absorbs the vibrations and does not come loose. I still use blue locktite and mine now stay put - been 3+ years now. The metal washers vibrated loose.

John
EXCELLENT so simple thanks man!

Ron,

John
EXCELLENT so simple thanks man!
Dubro 4/40 white plastic washers & loctite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken the housing and flat sanded the outside of the casting so that the brass rises about the cast housing. Quick and easy with the belt sander. Then the screw fit tightly onto it.

Mike

Copper washer will do the same thing. May be even better. Copper washer/seals are used on most bango fittings.

Back