VS1 outboard throttle cable HELP.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig woodley

Hello all,

I have bolted up the TT outboard and have installed the throttle servo.

My questions is how do I mount the throttle cable and the plastic tube it runs in. What I mean is when I move the outboard from left to right it pulls on the throttle cable and adjust the rpm.

How do I mount the cable so when I turn right and left the throttle does not adjust automatically?

Cheers

The tube needs to be fixed at both the radio box end and at the motor. The TT has a section for the tube to attach to, but the tube might be too large for it to fit thru. I used to drill that hole larger to allow the tube to go thru it, & I would then use fuel tubing on the outside of the tube to stop it sliding thru the mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,

But as the motor turns right and left won't it still pull the throttle wire tight and adjust the trottle?

Just tried it and it tightens the cable as I move the motor to the right, do I need to have a slightly longer cable so when the motor moves it does not pull on the throttle cable?

You have to clamp the cable down on both the motor and the radio box. If I can find the picture of mine I'll post it up...

So the outer plastic tube must be fixed at both the motor and radio box? I have done this but the cable pulls when the motor turns and this is in turn moving the throttle servo.

Hi Craig, yes you need to have the cable long enough so that the engine can turn the full amount both ways without pulling tight and stressing the throttle servo. And as was mentioned, definitely fix the outer at either end. It's a bit of trial and error getting the length right, but well worth the effort for a trouble free setup.

Cheers,

Dave

Bit hard to explain but it has to be fixed at radio box then you need excess cable like a bend in the cable to allow the movement of the outboard, almost a S bend so to speak. I come out the radio box looking from the rear, cable exits on left hand side of radio box then go around to right hand side of fuel tank where you can use the rubber tank o-rings as a cable guide over to the left hand side cable mount on the thunder tiger. The S bend is the play required to turn your outboard, it will take some fiddling to get set up right, Craig hope this is of some help ;)

Thanks guys for the help, my problem was that I cut the cable too short and did not have the play for engine turning.

Here's a pic of how my cables are setup.

Cable tubes are epoxied into the radio box and the other end is clamped with a 707 specialties cable clamp on the engine. I also ran the cables to the servos on the opposite side of the radio box making an S-curve. I thought this would help control where the slack in the cables went when the engine was turned but I don't think that was really necessary.

Brian

cables.JPG

Back