VS1 or Cobra-For Stock OS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyEdge

Well I wanted to get another tunnel and try and race in the stock class and was wondering what you all thaught.

Ither a Aquacraft VS1 or one of Dans Cobras for a stock .21XM.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hey Dave do you think that the VS1 would be lighter and a tad quicker then the cobra.Or do you think the cobra is a better over all choice..

I might not be the right guy to say but I bet Dan might like to promote his boat too so I will say this.

I say let the past history speak for itself, and some of that from not so long ago (masters). Dan has a great price on his boat and from what I can tell he does a nice job MFG the hull. Its a nice build... but.. You can take a boat that has a LONG list of BIG wins and records using sport power (BTY thats what this boat was designed for) and with little effort get it to be a contender at the front of the pack... that boat is the VS1.

Is it the magic bullet in RC sport tunnel?.. na.. Truth is none of them are. The planets lineup, your on your game and the boat will be up front more times then not.

Rocket and Roll for 2010

Grim

NONE of those. Get a Lynx or HTB 260 or Woodstuff 28'' tunnel

only if your budget allows, remember, the vs1 comes complete minus motor & radio.

tim
Budegt is a big factor.All my money is in my gas boat right now.And I think with about $600 that will get me the boat a few servos and the engine and a couple of props I have every thing else.And I think that will get me in the water.

Tunnel's are loads of fun.

I might not be the right guy to say but I bet Dan might like to promote his boat too so I will say this.

I say let the past history speak for itself, and some of that from not so long ago (masters). Dan has a great price on his boat and from what I can tell he does a nice job MFG the hull. Its a nice build... but.. You can take a boat that has a LONG list of BIG wins and records using sport power (BTY thats what this boat was designed for) and with little effort get it to be a contender at the front of the pack... that boat is the VS1.

Is it the magic bullet in RC sport tunnel?.. na.. Truth is none of them are. The planets lineup, your on your game and the boat will be up front more times then not.

Rocket and Roll for 2010

Grim

All good words thanks Grim..

On the woodstuff 28" what is the purpose of the vertical fins on the front of the sponsons?

The vertical fins are refferred to as "air-dams" and are on there for a reason so do not cut them off. Mike Crawford's are large to scale and on all his hulls. You don't see them on molded hulls as they would have to be added after joining the parts and thats another process plus getting cosmetics correct adds time and labor . I put them on all my boats and would not race without them as they and the nose of the cowling help keep the front end on the water and track straight. Check out full size raceboats and see how many have them. Somewhere in the 50 mph range on models is where they really take effect.

As for the VS-1 vs Cobra? Both good boats for sport class. Better is who's setting it up and driving. Either are competative at national events. Tunnel cahmps and the STORM series will be a good test for manufacturers. Watch what wins in the long haul. 1st-3 rd are respectable finishes at this level.

Mic

To add to what Mic has said

The air dams (The Villain S1 came with one, the VS1 does not). Is used to control the air over the cowl as the boat enters the turn. What I have found and knowing that our boat only turn right one to the right of the cowl is needed. Im not sure why Mike C adds one to the left other then it looks cool to some.

I have also found that in the Villian and or VS1 is, if the boat is over 4 or so lbs the air dam is not needed as much as it is on a lighter boat. My K+B boats were just under 4 lbs RTR and my OS powered boats around 4.5lbs.

I do however still use them on the Nemesis as this boat is very light for its speed and size. It also has a trick air splitter on the left sponson but that is for another thread.

Make mine a VS1!

Grim

Mike has obviously done a little work diverting air for a desired effect. Boat designs vary as do their individual characteristics. Mike Crawford's backround as mine is in full size racing so maybe we just feel both sides are neccesary. Mike C's are large but in talking with him at the Internats he has them there for a purpose.

Z-man don't miss Charleston again!!! Maybe you can come down to our Dec tunnel race on the Brandon Tri-oval.

Mic

Mic,

I have hours of testing air dams and chatting to Rod G about the cause and effect.

Hum.. December.. Im going to be needing a break from east central IL about that time.

I can see my little red head and I making the trip in the yellow blur.. Wait.. I will not be able to get it out of the garage cus of the ice we get around here..

Looks like I will have to ship boats and fly!

We were thinking about going to Vegas this winter but maybe we can make it FL?

There is a good chance I will not miss another WC race. This sucks standing by and watching the race prep and smack talk.

Anywho!

ROCKET AND ROLL

Grim

I have a Masters Jacket with a Villian For the money and in stock class its pretty darn nice. Who screamed and yelled till the VS-1 was born mmmm :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a good chance I will not miss another WC race. This sucks standing by and watching the race prep and smack talk.
What smack? All I see is Tim and I dogging each other with an occasional tirade from Premo.

Oh yeah...

Mitch had a few kind words as well. B)

As far as Cobra or VS1, hold onto your panties folks cause there's something else coming...

I ain't saying no more.

~Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Back