VS-1 tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn 787

Never really play with tunnels before. I'm curious how competitive VS-1's are compared to the Lynx, Leecraft. etc...?

The rumor is, it can hold its own against those boats. Dollar wise you can’t go wrong. Hope to hear more from guys running the VS-1 tunnels.

Its a great boat with a sport motor on it. If you pipe it you wont be happy. The VS-1 and its sister Villain have won many races.

I ran mine last year with a silver bullet pipe. Tim Leyde could tell you how it ran......Just have to watch out for the race water in the corners

I would chose it over a lot of others for Sport Class if I was set on a wood boat
default_wink.png

They are great and we would still be running one but it got smashed up good a few years ago after we converted it to run in the P Spec FE class

the villain & the vs-1 are both very good sport tunnels. a little short at 28" for some rough water conditions, particularly following rollers. a very stable boat in most race conditions with no bad habits, only bad setups imo. check ALL the seams on the vs-1's, some sealing/re-epoxying may be needed!! i raced my kit villain (#46) for 5 years with good success before i ran it ashore & broke off the left sponson. it had been broke & repaired there somewhere before i got it, still ran fine. being repaired this winter. the #8 budweiser villain will be back!! built kit #64 for jr. last christmas, his villain was showing the strain of many laps over the 5 years since he bought it used. still have 1 more kit in reserve
default_cool.png

Yup. Just bought one from Tower Hobbies for $109.00. Free shipping too! See you on the race course next year Robin!

yea that's a great price on these boats ...They are fast boats and for 109.98 you can't beat that with a stick
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back