VOTE!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riph

Please send in you vote for Kevin Sheren - National LSG Director. Some have said why vote because there is only one guy running but remember at this time write in votes are allowed. Don't take a chance on a sneaky write in vote. VOTE FOR KEVIN - Send to Bill Zuber Form on page 35 of Roostertail

One other item that is important and needs your vote is the Sport 20 rules. In my opinion the class will grow much faster if the requirement that the strut has to be under the boat is eliminated. The boat would be much easier to set up and prop selection would also be easier. Vote B - Amended and help grow the class. Send ballot Pg. 33 to your District Director.

VOTE _ VOTE _ VOTE _ VOTE _ VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rip Holdridge Carrollton (North Dallas), Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
Already done. It's really easy to create a quick file with your personal info, name, IMPBA number, etc and then paste it into emails with your votes. Hopefully everyone will take advantage of this simple method of making one's voice heard.

riph said:
Please send in you vote for Kevin Sheren - National LSG Director. Some have said why vote because there is only one guy running but remember at this time write in votes are allowed. Don't take a chance on a sneaky write in vote. VOTE FOR KEVIN - Send to Bill Zuber Form on page 35 of Roostertail
One other item that is important and needs your vote is the Sport 20 rules. In my opinion the class will grow much faster if the requirement that the strut has to be under the boat is eliminated. The boat would be much easier to set up and prop selection would also be easier. Vote B - Amended and help grow the class. Send ballot Pg. 33 to your District Director.

114679[/snapback]

OK Do what Rip says VOTE,

I agree with the B vote on sport20, this is for the guys that cant drill square holes in their boats, :lol: Just dont think all boats have to have the strut on the rear, it is an option.

P THOMAS said:
riph said:

114679[/snapback]

OK Do what Rip says VOTE,

I agree with the B vote on sport20, this is for the guys that cant drill square holes in their boats, :lol: Just dont think all boats have to have the strut on the rear, it is an option.

114693[/snapback]

Put the strut under the boat where it belongs Mikey

I agree Mickey put the strut where it belongs under the boat. Putting the strut on the back you might as well call them outriggers. KEN

ken stang said:
I agree Mickey put the strut where it belongs under the boat. Putting the strut on the back you might as well call them outriggers. KEN
114706[/snapback]

This should be interesting...I would rather see it on the transom, just like the real boats. Oh the suspense!!!

Brian

Brian Blazer said:
ken stang said:
114706[/snapback]

This should be interesting...I would rather see it on the transom, just like the real boats. Oh the suspense!!!

Brian

114711[/snapback]

I'm with you Brian. If you look at most of the limited hydros, they have them hanging off the back. This isn't scale it's "SORTA" scale.

OH! OH! OH!...... I got it :ph34r:

1/10 Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Class = Strut under the boat and spec. match to full size boat with full paint job to match for concorse judging. Race, but don't get too close to my $9,000.00 paint job. :lol:

Sport 20 Hydroplane Class = Strut on the back of the boat. Paint how you like(or not), and have a good time bumping hulls. :D

:rolleyes:

-Buck-

BUCKSHOT said:
OH! OH! OH!...... I got it :ph34r:

1/10 Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Class = Strut under the boat and spec. match to full size boat with full paint job to match for concorse judging. Race, but don't get too close to my $9,000.00 paint job. :lol:

Sport 20 Hydroplane Class = Strut on the back of the boat. Paint how you like(or not), and have a good time bumping hulls. :D

:rolleyes:

-Buck-

114713[/snapback]

Zakly!

ken stang said:
114706[/snapback]

Ok be that way, :) just vote for A or B, hope no one wants C just because they dont want more boat classes.

Oh B wasnt my idea the board of directors can take credit for that one ;)

Now here I go sticking my nose in again!!!!

Now a lot of the rules like strut placement, dimensions etc were not just brought in to appear scale-like... There is an attempt to limit the active footprint of the boat thereby levelling the playing field a bit.... Strut on the transom of the boat effectively lengthens the boat and makes it more stable...

Your call again on how you vote... and I suppose this is not really a great issue for those who already have sport 20 boats in yiour association as they could move their struts to suit... but what about sport 20s from other associations??? They have to run by their rules so yet again they will be at a disadvantage....

..and its definitely not an issue for me coz I dont have one and dont plan on building one.... but the more your rules differ from other association rules only causes more division in model boating....

*passes you enough rope...*

I'am with Brian on this mount the STRUT on the back like the real boats.

Dave Roach

ken stang said:
114706[/snapback]

There needs to be consistency among the sport rules. Currenty in sport 40 the struts must be under the hull. This is where the strut belongs on the sport 20's, period. It's bad enough that the rule proposal allows a strut 9/16" in width, has anyone realized how wide 9/16" actually is, especially on a little 20 boat???? Just mount a flat bottomed strut 9/16" wide & you now have a center sponson. Take that & hang it 3" off the transom & it like Ken said you might as well have a rigger. <_<

Don Ferrette said:
ken stang said:
114706[/snapback]

There needs to be consistency among the sport rules.
Finally, a voice of reason. :) I actually like the way NAMBA did their sport hydro rules. One set of specs defining sport hydros and then a small section that spells out the engine requirements and boat dimensions for each class.

I'll add my 2 cents here, at the risk of another bashing by the "experts". I voted A. My reason for doing this was partly for consistancy with other Sport hydro classes within IMPBA and other organizations. I also based it on my opinion that hanging props way off the stern is unsightly. I am interested in the way these rules end up, building a sport 20 is on my short list of winter projects.

EatMyShortsRacing said:
yes and prop rotating the same way as real boats....

oh and solid shafts like the real boats.....

:p

114764[/snapback]

Don I believe you are an IMPBA member. There is nothing in the IMPBA Gas Sport Hydro Rules that require the strut to be under the transom. I think this is one reason the class has been so successful.

riph said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:

114764[/snapback]

Don I believe you are an IMPBA member. There is nothing in the IMPBA Gas Sport Hydro Rules that require the strut to be under the transom. I think this is one reason the class has been so successful.

114777[/snapback]

Oooops, my bad. I went and edited my post. Then again you guys change the gas rules so often it's amazing anyone can keep up. :rolleyes:

As for the reason it's so successful remark, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with where the strut is. B)

EatMyShortsRacing said:

114764[/snapback]

Yes I can see that the strut has made such a big difference to the gas sport class... It is so fundamental to the success of a class.....

Seriously how can you say that is an important factor????

My post about solid shafts is there to prove something... because something "is like that" on the real boat is NOT justification to apply it to the sport class. Being consistent with why the strut is where it is in the first place is.... It limits the effective length of the boat!!! It INTENTIONALLY restricts the performance of the boat... It makes the boats more even. After all, it is a SPORT class... SPORT classes are for evenly matched boats making close racing

Latest posts

Back