Villain S1 kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Webster

I was on Pandan looking at other stuff and as always checked "bargains/clearances" before leaving. I don't know how often they update but thought this might interest some of you tunnel freaks.

Villain S1

Bottom of the page....

Ian

Thanks for the tip.

Just ordered one. Because I just like the Villain

This is number....of tunnel boats I own.

Ronald.

Curious what the Climate Boatworks is all about. :huh:

If it were from Mike,wouldn't the box say Power Surge Racing Products from Grim Racer?

All of my boxes do.

Or am I missing a bit of history here?

Can someone fill me in?

It's a great little boat, I really like mine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow,all gone and removed from the site. :huh:

Ronald must have got the one and only.

Great deal Ronald!

Guess I should ring and ask for a commission :D

Glad someone gained from my Internet wanderings.....

yeah, I told them last night that I would buy everyone they had, but was told a "guy from Holland" just bought the only one they had... :)

If im not mistaken, Peter at Climate Boatworks actually cut the kits out for Mike.

James

yeah, I told them last night that I would buy everyone they had, but was told a "guy from Holland" just bought the only one they had... :)
If im not mistaken, Peter at Climate Boatworks actually cut the kits out for Mike.

James
I think with the coming of the TS3 the need for good stock hulls will be fulfilled. BUT i love my VILLIAN .........Mike

Is it not possible to produce Villains again?
Thomas

That's kind of up to Mike.

Seems he has his plate a little full right now.

I know anyone can Laser cut the wood (including me) and add a Dumas cowl,

but not cool.The Villain is Mikes baby and should remain that way til he

gives someone the OK or runs them again himself.

I love mine too!

Actually Ive been told its Hobbico's/Aquacraft's baby now. They bought Mikes business when he was hired on and as far as I know, they own all the rights to it. We have tried to get the kit back into production (by pestering Russ with many emails :) ) with those guys, but nothing yet. Im sure if the above is wrong, Russ will step in and correct me.... maybe we should start rumors about new villain kits being produced... :)

I agree with Mikey, the TS3 will be a big step forward. I hope the mass producing doesnt take away from quality, but I think they have a handle on it. The results from the protoypes certainly are impressive.

~James

Are there any good pics out there yet of the TS3s?

Bottom also?

It's going to have to be one heck of a great boat to replace the Villain.

With 2 built,and one NIB kit,I'm set for a while anyway.

Yeah, Ive got three villains now myself (actually Mike has one of mine...) so im set on Villains, but had to jump on a deal for NIB kits. I have seen and held the TS3, as many on here have. Its much different than the TS2. About the only thing similar is the cowling. New bottom, and deck. I dont think it will replace the Villain, but it should certainly help fill the void! The TS2 has made the tunnels really popular, and now with the Thunder Tiger Bandit hull, its also growing slowly over here in Europe. Im going to Sweden in September to run my tunnel, as they are finally offering a class. Should be fun!

(PS, I got my round trip airline ticket to Stockholm for 20 euros!!!, If you live in Europe, Ryanair is hard to beat!)

~James

Are there any good pics out there yet of the TS3s?Bottom also?

It's going to have to be one heck of a great boat to replace the Villain.
Russ Williamson won first in heat racing with a TS3/O.S. MAX 21 OB/Silver Bullit Pipe at the IMPBA Internats earlier this week. Anyone holding their breath for a release of a Villain wood kit by AquaCraft is going to turn awfully blue.

JD

Anyone holding their breath for a release of a Villain wood kit by AquaCraft is going to turn awfully blue.
JD

Thats unfortunate. I wonder what the reason is to NOT release easily one of the best Sport Tunnel boats out there? (yeah, I said it)

It certainly cant be due to cost of manufacturing can it? The R&D is already done, the material to have the boat made costs peanuts, how many races have those boats won over the years?? Mike sold a couple hundred of them out of his Garage with limited marketing. With the marketing force and exposure behind Aquacraft/Hobbico, they will sell kits. I know the Ready to Run market is booming and is the bread and butter (and always will be), but some people DO still like to actually build boats. (stepping off the soap box now)

~James

That is a real shame that they won't produce the kits.

James,

one of the 1st rules of business is always try to eliminate the competition.Either by buying them out or just to out right bury them. And the Villain is always stiff competition for anyone. I'm sure the TS3 sales would decrease if they also offered the Villain.

But,they would keep the profits from both anyway. I don't get it.

But,on the other hand, if they never plan to release it,and there's no patent on it,someone could reproduce it very easily.

Heck,we have thousands of laser parts cut a week for my business anyway.A few more wouldn't even matter.

It would be a sin to just let the Villain die.

I should probably clarify my statement, "......holding their breath......" To the best of my knowledge, and granted that seems to be decreasing daily :rolleyes: , there are no immediate plans for AquaCraft doing a wood kit. The old saying,"Never say never" might be appropriate. Or maybe, "Hope burns eternal." JMO - tracing the parts of a Villian kit wouldn't be a bad idea ;) . I've seen several built from parts traced from the original kit. They look just like the Villian. :p

JD

So Walt, when will the first kits be ready?

Id like to pre-order 30 of them please.... :)

I agree buddy. A shame it would be.

~James

Back