Vilian questions??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howarth

This question should be in the Vilian page, but the "new topic" button did not show up on my computer in that forum.?! Anyway, Mike Z how does the Vilain run with a modified motor? The weight and length seem to light and to short for a mod motor? Just asking??

Mike

Mike,

I have never even tried running my Villain with my CMB Greenhead LS. I did however build a 29.5 WOF tunnel that is basically an oversized Villain. It ran really well.

One of the guys in our district built a Villain and tried running it with a piped K&B 3.5. It really didn't run well at all. I know Mike won the IMPBA Internats 20 Tunnel Class with his Villain, but in my opinion it's just a little too small. I'm going to send a couple of photos of my 29.5 WOF to Tom and maybe he can post them. I wasn't able to attach them to this posting.

Jerry Dunlap

one pic did not come through the email properly??? here is the one that did

Mike

Good to see you on the site.. It is good to have the guys I race with chatting on here.

To start with the Villain S1 was not designed with a piped motor in mind. The boat was designed as a stock class killer and it has come in to its own quite well there. The piped Villain i run was, and still is a test bed. However the darn thing runs really well on my piped K+B and as Jerry said I was lucky enough to win at the Internats this summer. It is tons of fun to drive and race.

Now is the boat to light for a mod motor in both length and weight?

YES.

Will it run with a piped motor?

YES

Disclaimer: This boat becomes a real hand full with allot of power behind it.. Be careful.. Also i do not recommend a mod motor on a Villain for racing. A stock motor on a villain will run with most mod boats of any type.

One thing to remember: The villain was designed as a stock class killer.

The prototype was built to do one thing and that was to beat Todd Tribbit. (the best tunnel racers i have ever seen).. But as you might or might not know he died before i got to race him with it. I decided to sell the boat when guys keep begging me to build them one. (Now Im glad I did) Its not the money its the fun i get to see guys having with the boat that trips my trigger.

The Villain S1 has a history of winning races. It is fast, stable, and darn good looking if i may say so myself. lol. It uses some new ideas that we have not seen in tunnel racing before, or at least in a while.

One more thing.. I just can not sit still for very long..HINT, HINT

Grim

Back