Very Urgent please read

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htbboats

I recieved an email from what looks like from Joe Monohan over the night, saying he was in Nicosia Cyprus, had been mugged and needed money. I'm willing to help but with all going on in the world this does not look right.

Tried to call his number I have for him but is no longer good. Any of you know anything on how to get intouch with him or know if this is for real?

Thanks Mark

Mark its the latest scam.

The number on the website 707 Specialties is showing 909-838-6158.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds fishy, Mark. Ask them for some specifics on an exhaust throttle for a K&B, bet they can't tell ya.....LOL! We all know Joe could (-; The # I have is 909-838-6158, email is [email protected] I haven't tried calling in a while, same # as what is currently listed on his website, email worked for me about 3 weeks ago.

Just tried that phone #, went to voice mail. Was a "canned" message, not Joe's voice. Might be a little early to reach him, left a message about the email scam anyway.

Just heard back from Joe, it is a scam. Just delete any emails about this, Joe is at home & doing well (-;

I knew it was a scam since they don't run model boats in Cyprus.
default_unsure.png

JD

Guys,

Cyprus is one of the more problematic countries around the globe for scam originations. I tried to buy something online a while back and the payment was drawn from Cyprus. My bank refused to make the payment and locked my account, assuming it was a scam attack and not really me requesting the transaction. They literally would NOT make the payment, even with my affirmation it was legit, and I had to find what I was buying from another source. Kinda pissed me off, but at least I know the bank is looking out for me. They told me that Cyprus was one of the countries on their "no contact whatsoever" list.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

I got the e-mail too. Joe was just at Legg Lake last weekend. Said Cypress had some nice "ballet" establishments 'tho
default_wink.png

I'm glad Joe is OK. Thanks for all that help to run this down. I felt like something was not right about it.............You never know these days, all be careful!

Mark

SCAM SCAM SCAM. these have been going on for decades. before e-mail, scammers would actually write/type letters and send them to people in the mail. the catch-all term is "Nigerian '419' scam."

and depending on what Joe uses for e-mail, he might want to change his password in case someone has broken into his account and sending spam in his name.

I recieved an email from what looks like from Joe Monohan over the night, saying he was in Nicosia Cyprus, had been mugged and needed money. I'm willing to help but with all going on in the world this does not look right.

Tried to call his number I have for him but is no longer good. Any of you know anything on how to get intouch with him or know if this is for real?

Thanks Mark
Mark, I may be stranded in Bolivar, TN and need some money, lots of money since you have it all. Let me know where you want to send it to..
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Charles Perdue

Charles, if Mark sends you too much money you can send the surplus to me in Zoom .21 carbs (-;

As already said, this is actually on old scam. Several years ago, had someone the wife and I knew get hacked and everyone he had an email address for got an email saying he had an emergency that required he fly to Africa and now needed money to get home. A quick phone call verified it was a con but it also told him he needed to change every pass word he had to prevent it from happening again

Back