Vegas cowls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

Is there anyone making replacement Vegas cowls?Not stock but different designs. Don't like the thought of modifiying and new cowl.

Im in the process of making new cowlings for the vegas. Im making them look more like scale boats, they will be semi scale. it will still use the vegas platform. Right now im making one that will look like the leland hull, like the two Pico's. the 97 and 99. I'll have pictures soon. I also made new wings for the vegas.

Im in the process of making new cowlings for the vegas. Im making them look more like scale boats, they will be semi scale. it will still use the vegas platform. Right now im making one that will look like the leland hull, like the two Pico's. the 97 and 99. I'll have pictures soon. I also made new wings for the vegas.

That will be nice. All the boats look the same, except for paint jobs. Thanks for the reply.

Anything particular you want to see, I have a few more in mind to do but Im limited to only certain styles. I was going to do some simple ones too kinda like sport 40 and 20 styles. The Vegas cowl is ok but it's not the greatest as far as looks.just need variety.

ide like to see some that are more sleek looking. Like the standard 20 cowls. Just sort of a bubble the length of the cowl. kinda like the phil thomas boats. I seen one on a vegas that was absolutelly killer, but i cant find that picture anymore?

009-14.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

i believe he has several of those all different colors,,,yellow black,,that green black,,,,,and ummmmm,,,maybe one more....

cant remember who owned them,,think it was either guppy or tampa1330,,,not positive but thats what in thinkin...leaning more towards guppy...

ac

I like the sleek look, but I wonder how he got the steering arm to work since it doesn't go through the transom. I would put a turbine tube on the end so it work with the standard rod. I have a Vegas I put the steering through the transom and it more work to get a sevo to work it.

i may be wrong on this,,,but im taking a stab at it blue blaster....look at the pics carefully...you will notice the cowl sits higher than the deck,,,proly just high enough to run the rod where it was...

ac

Your memory serves you right camaroboy, Those pics of that sleek cowl was guppy, was supposed to buy one when he got them done but never heard anymore about them.

Did he ruin the Dumas Eagle cowl using it as a plug? The size difference between the two boats makes the boat look more like a limited. That being said, you need to run headers out the sides of the cowl and lose the cropped off turbine tube to make it look right

Did he ruin the Dumas Eagle cowl using it as a plug? The size difference between the two boats makes the boat look more like a limited. That being said, you need to run headers out the sides of the cowl and lose the cropped off turbine tube to make it look right
nope.. he'd waxed it up good. we got three spaire dumas cowls kicking around. He's going to keep the turbine tube. Doing this as a the space shuttle.Put canard wing at the front and redo the mouth openning on the cowl and you got a miss circus circus and others that ran that cowl design. the first markup cowl that can be used as old fosted flakes and others with that design.Joe choped off the top of that cowl ,because he wanted to do the space shuttle and it didn't look wright for it. So he casted that vegas cowl top part that looked wright for that joe wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
its in primer now, All I can say holly crap batman!! looks like a boat that batman would drive..LOL!!

Looks like a cut down Eagle to me
Hate to tell you this ,its not cut down. dont even look like the eagle.just changed the center part of the cowl and narrowed the nose alittle bit.Looks better then the orginal cowl.Heres my eagel looks different then the miss vegas. Joe is planning to make some to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back