Valdosta Speedweek III

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mitch,

Most of that time was found in the propeller. We were hoping to see you and your dad there. Huntsville is next, come to that time trials and hang out with us. We will be back on the Modified times by then. We may be able to break into the high 27's sometime in 2006 with the 2-lap sport 3.5cc but who ever does it will be on their game.

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
had a great time at Speed Week III, the tunnels were dialed in and a pleasure to watch and Jerry's black F-Mono was an awesome sight to witness at 93 plus mph...

it was all good and i look forward to doing it again...

Capt. Ron

It's interesting that I had to go to an electric forum to get the complete results.

Lohring Miller

Speed Week III results

Here are the unofficial results

O-2 Sport Hydro

Ron Green 3.846 58.502 mph

Q-Mono

Green/Crowther 3.389 66.39 mph

N-2 Hydro

Chris Harris 3.627 62.03 mph

O-2 Hydro

Chris Harris 3.124 72.02 mph

P-Mono

Chris Harris 4.567 49.266 mph

Nitro SAW

B-Sport Tunnel

Eric Betty 3.835 58.670 mph

SLS Mono

Todd Anderson 4.684 48.035 mph

F-Mono

Jerry Crowther 2.442 92.89 mph

Nitro Oval

B-Sport Tunnel

Talley 28.860 sec.

F-Mono

Crowther 21.372 sec.

It's interesting that I had to go to an electric forum to get the complete results.

Lohring Miller
i'll take the heat for that Lohring, Glenn had the long drive back to Texas and i just got home late last evening, i was going to post the results on Intlwaters today after i got home from catching up chores :(

Ron

Whew...Ross and I just got back to Texas late last night, what a great, (but tiring) week! Even with the come-and-go wind and weather, Jason and I are very happy with Speed Week III! All together there were 10 records set and I think everybody got all of the run time they wanted (if they were able to hang around for a day more...sorry Don!).

By Saturday afternoon Chris Harris and Ron Green were the only ones left and after Chris set the P mono record we packed it up and called Speed Week complete. Ross and I hung around for a few hours to catch some delicious bass (lucky!)...it was kinda sad (and kinda happy) to be leaving the pond 2 1/2 days early with perfectly flat water and no one running boats.

Thanks to all who attended...you are a great group of guys and we had a great time!

And thanks to Jason for doing all the cooking...GREAT pork chop sandwiches!!!

See ya next year,

Glenn

Thanks to Glen & Jason for giving so much of their personal time to provide us with The Speed Week III Time Trials!

Glen drives 975 miles (one way) to help Jason put this event on. I understand that Jason returns the favor by driving to Glen's site to help him out also.

THANK GUYS!

-Carl,

Glen & Jason,

I know first hand how much work goes in to putting on this type of an event, my hats off to both of you. & TO ALL OF THE NEW RECORD HOLDERS. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Someday I hope to get back there & share that great experience.

Don :)

Congratulations to everyone who set records last week...and thanks to everyone else who attended. I know the weather was hit and miss, but Friday made up for it. Too bad you had to leave Don...we had the water you were waiting on.

It's hard to single out a particular boater for praise, since all records are hard fought battles, and only recordholders, or those who have tried, have any concept of what that means.

Glenn and I had a great time and hope everyone else did as well. Now that SPEEDWEEK has gained a committed following, I'm going to be doing some facility upgrades to the site. At one point it would have been hard to justify...since Blue Lake time trials consisted of Glenn and I catching delicious bass for days on end...and not seeing any sweet boats run. But, things have apparently changed for the better, as it looks like we'll be hosting SPEEDWEEK and regular FE time trials.

Hey Todd, don't feel bad, my boat has a lot of duct tape too (thanks GQ & Ferrete).

Jason

Hey Todd, don't feel bad, my boat has a lot of duct tape too (thanks GQ & Ferrette).
Hey I just made it go fast, GQ was the one who got it airborne from buoy #5 all the way to the shore. Sure was a graceful flight, a slow majestic end over end roll .......... :p

Seriously thanks for the good time, even though I couldn't stay Friday I had fun getting your boat runnin' like a raped ape & also helping Todd get his SLS record. Always nice to see a few speed tips given pay off for someone. :D

Hey Todd, don't feel bad, my boat has a lot of duct tape too (thanks GQ & Ferrette).
Hey I just made it go fast, GQ was the one who got it airborne from buoy #5 all the way to the shore. Sure was a graceful flight, a slow majestic end over end roll .......... :p

Seriously thanks for the good time, even though I couldn't stay Friday I had fun getting your boat runnin' like a raped ape & also helping Todd get his SLS record. Always nice to see a few speed tips given pay off for someone. :D
Does that mean you guys got Jason's Cat running? :)

Sorry I missed all the fun. B)

Yeah boy...it's running. Just to paint a picture...bouy #5 was 110 feet fom the bank...and Glenn made it from one to the other...without getting the boat wet...sweet. That is one faaaaaaaaast cat!!! Kudos to Aeromarine...they lay some solid 'glass, and the MAC aint too shabby either.

The problem with the boat was a series of little things, but being the ignorant redneck that I am, I just couldn't put it all together. Hell, I can barely breathe without an iron lung and a metronome. I can operate a barbeque pit pretty well...but that secret lies in the lack of genetic diversification on my ancestors' part, which ties back into the whole redneck/hillbilly thing.

Yeah boy...it's running. Just to paint a picture...bouy #5 was 110 feet fom the bank...and Glenn made it from one to the other...without getting the boat wet...sweet. That is one faaaaaaaaast cat!!! Kudos to Aeromarine...they lay some solid 'glass, and the MAC aint too shabby either.

The problem with the boat was a series of little things, but being the ignorant redneck that I am, I just couldn't put it all together. Hell, I can barely breathe without an iron lung and a metronome. I can operate a barbeque pit pretty well...but that secret lies in the lack of genetic diversification on my ancestors' part, which ties back into the whole redneck/hillbilly thing.
Iron lung and a metronome. Made me laugh so hard it hurt. :p

Did you order the Speedmaster (part # VM-5, specify 1/4" blade only no brackets) strut blade yet???

BTW- there will be a small package showing up at your door in a few days from Aeromarine, courtesy of me. Just a little somethin' to say thanks for givin' me a place to crash. ;)

Nope, haven't ordered it yet. GQ thinks he may have a new one in his stash.

I hope you're sending me a 96" catamaran with one of those self-starting turbines and an on board electronic fuel regulator with a 10 channel stick radio that's been cleared by the FCC to run on surface frequencies.

Dude...forget borrowing the bed...I'd give it to you...and everything else in the house (including the cats and a sack of meow mix).

If not...I'll get over it.

I hope you're sending me a 96" catamaran with one of those self-starting turbines and an on board electronic fuel regulator with a 10 channel stick radio that's been cleared by the FCC to run on surface frequencies.
Moonshine must have just kicked in.................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said a small package. :p

This is the water we had while I was there. Ya ain't goin' 110 in that! :(

ofcourse you're not, it's a johnboat with a MotorGlide 4o lb'er and 220 lb. J.C. at da helm...

4 mph tops!

oh you mean the wind blown chop... :lol:

Ron

Back