V2/Buildup progress.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:V2/SPY SHOTS!!!!!

Maybe one more:

wa3.jpg

Only oneway to discribe it !!!!!!

BY

George Thurgood

" BAD TO THE BONE"

8) 8) 8) 8)

;D ;D

;)

Gene,

I like the spy shot of the side view.

Looks fast!

-MikeP

Gener, Looks AWSOME...also looks to have some rocker on one side, but none on the other, something different to try hey... :p

Your running Mikes Nova/Lawless combo on it right?

Kick@$$

Kris

Hey thanks guy's!!! ;D

Kris,

Yeah no rocker on the hull, but lotsa rocker on the table top!!! :p ;D

I got Grims little screamer, its a NR powerhead on a K@B lower.

Now if it would just warm up a little, we got more snow comming this weekend, YUK!!!!

Gene ;D

OK my mistake ;) i had another look at the last pic you posted and it shows up a bit neater on there...

Have you figured out the transom and radio box stuff yet? Did you decide to go with the same extender mount you have with the K&B or will you wait and see how the Nova goes as it is?

Kris

Hi Kris,

The rest of the hull will be the same as I did with the S-1.

The engine will bolt right up with the std mount, no extender this time ;)

Gene ;D

I hope that you're going to trim up the bottom of the cowling. We had a guy here in town that designed his own tunnel and it sat real low on the water. It had a bad habit of submarining any time that he hit a wave. Looked cool though, it would go under then pop up and keep on going. ;D

Sounds good, should still look a bit like a proper F1 Tunnel without the extended motor mount ;)

Damm nice looking boat again...cant wait to see some pics of it getting wet :) would videos be out of the question? ;)

Kris

Gene have ya'll tried any semi-symmetrical airfoil shapes on the bottom rear center section ?? Do you think that to offset this shape you would have to drop the front center section to compensate with more down force ??

This is not for SAW but for heat racing.

Well the center section design is Grim's baby, my input with the V2 was to dump some of the tunnel area, cut the deadrise and zero out the offset.

At heat racin speeds the design is Killer as is,

The way a stock S-1 runs, Ya nail it and the thing just lays down and HAULS BUTT!!!

Gene ;D

Gene i was just talking in general not about the Villian . It's perfect as you say.

Just in playing with a scratch designed hull. Just to see if it would lift the rear. I understand that most tunnels are skimming the water as it is.

An easier way would be to just make the standard center shape thicker on the rear by a 1/8 th or so.

Just wondering your opinion ??

Ok . It's best to just stick with the flat bottom. What us airplane guys call a Clark Y airfoil. Just keep it thin to keep the lift down so it don't won't to blow off, because you can only move the CG but so far forward, with out adding to much weight.

I was just wondering on this SUNNY no WIND 72* Sunday afternoon!!!! he ! he !! he !!! SORRY GUYS I HAD TO !!!

OK !!! OK !!! A MODIFIED Clark Y !!!!! If you take that picture and take off about 10% off the L.E. and shrink it down until it's about 1/2" thick in the center and 3/8" at the rear, 1/4" in the front, you will have it!!!

But you see from were the bottom spar would be,to the L.E. the bowed shape ?? Move it back toward the T.E. 1" or 2" or more, make it with a longer radius like about half of the top.

Easier yet, look at the side profile of the Villian center section . Now take the top profile ,say 1/3 or less of it and add it to the rear bottom, and let it taper out to the flat bottom. but don't go past the CG, let it blend out flat about the CG. And then drop the front of the center section down a little 1/4" or so, for down force. Less weight in the sponson tips. Picking up the rear and pushing down on the nose. : :)

JUST A BRAIN FART !!! KIND'A THING !!!!! :-[ :-[ :p GENE, QUIT THAT **** LAUGHING !!!! U'LL P YOUR PANTS !!!

He,He, Are we havin fun yet? ;)

Gene ;D

Nah really if ya want to try out your ideas, and build ya up some WOF center sections, slap on a set of modified Sprint sponsons, like out from 24" to 27" Ya never know!!!! I got a set of Dumas Sprint plans I can send ya, if ya want ta give it a go, I have scribeled a bit on them but they are complete.

Latest posts

Back