used scale boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI, both the Gilmore and the 73 Budweiser have been sold. I guess they weren't "way too much" for everyone.

Just an FYI, both the Gilmore and the 73 Budweiser have been sold. I guess they weren't "way too much" for everyone.
Harry do you have any good t-4 pics,i need transom shot for strut placement and any other shots you might have. Mike

Good news, bad news. My Sport 40 is back up for sale again. Jay Stone was all set to buy it and I was getting it ready for shipment today. I just recieved an e-mail from him that the tranny in his truck blew up and will cost him $1,300.00 to fix. No problem as I understand things like this do happen. I did remove the radio gear but can easily re-install it.

I really hated to unload this boat but last years hospital bills are catching up to me and the OT at work isn't what it used to be.

Good news, bad news. My Sport 40 is back up for sale again. Jay Stone was all set to buy it and I was getting it ready for shipment today. I just recieved an e-mail from him that the tranny in his truck blew up and will cost him $1,300.00 to fix. No problem as I understand things like this do happen. I did remove the radio gear but can easily re-install it.

I really hated to unload this boat but last years hospital bills are catching up to me and the OT at work isn't what it used to be.
Mike,I got some great shot of the rear of the T4 hull if you want them? Doug

Last edited:
For those interested in the boat, I'm kind of indisposed at the moment after having a heart attack at work last night but will repsond when I can. I found out tonight that this hospital has Wi-Fi and they have a couple of 'puters that they can loan out to patients.

For those interested in the boat, I'm kind of indisposed at the moment after having a heart attack at work last night but will repsond when I can. I found out tonight that this hospital has Wi-Fi and they have a couple of 'puters that they can loan out to patients.
Ron you ok? take care man....Mike Douf id like some pics if you can find them Mike

Ron you ok? take care man....Mike Douf id like some pics if you can find them Mike
Mike, Posted a couple of Pis of the T4 transom area I will post more in the forcoming I will also E-mail you some.

I dont mean to offend, seems like a sensitive issue here, but what the H :p LL!

You can build a scale hydro from plans, stick in a radio, motor, running hardware, paint and detail within reason for around 600bux. :p

You can build a scale hydro from plans, stick in a radio, motor, running hardware, paint and detail within reason for around 600bux. :p

Sign me up for one then!!!! :D

Larry

Really? Let's see you do it. A good motor, radio & hardware will cost more than that unless you're factoring in already having used stuff. Decent graphics are $100 & up plus unless you're going to paint it with Krylon rattle cans, good primers, paints, clears with catalysts & reducers even for say 2 colors will set you back a couple hundred in supplies. No offense but some of you guys sure use some really fuzzy math............ :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Really? Let's see you do it. A good motor, radio & hardware will cost more than that unless you're factoring in already having used stuff. Decent graphics are $100 & up plus unless you're going to paint it with Krylon rattle cans, good primers, paints, clears with catalysts & reducers even for say 2 colors will set you back a couple hundred in supplies. No offense but some of you guys sure use some really fuzzy math............ :rolleyes:
Dumas kit $200. used greenhead $325.00 Radio $200. need i continue oh it will cost $75.00 in glue unless you use ELMERS

I'm not trying to stir the pot :D ,But R.J if you can build a scale for $600.00 I have a coulpe guys that want some built for them.I gave them a quote of about $1500.00.So I guess some of us that build scales should stop :eek: .Like I dont over charge from my perspective. Ok heres how I figure Newton plans $35.00 U.S plywood $120.00 here in canada ply is worth $19.95 sheet for 1/16,21.00sheet for 1/8 ply.I use west systems epoxy Its not cheap here.Motor mounts,sspeedmaster $69.00,Strut $50.00 pushrods (fiberglass)dave Brown's cannot remember price,4-40 rods5/16 rods Used engine $325.00,One guy needs Radio say 400.00,now paint I normally sqirt Imron,so everything thats has to do with paint alone I'd guess at about 250.00.The clear cost me about 200.00 a grand total of $1449 for one and thats not adding any of my time since I only charge for painting for myself which I do charge about $150.00 to sqirt If they buy the paint.If I have to buy paint I charge $400-$500 to paint.I can get into this more but this kinda B,S that they can build a scale for cheap,cheap Burns my A$$. :angry: But my kinda thinkin is if you can build a boat for $600.00 start to finish I guess it is not for concourse cause thats evident in the price there is no way that i can build a wood scale for $600.00 thats impossible in my mind anyways peace out shann :D

I'll Second that, 1977 Miss Chrysler Crew, Plans $35.00, trip to Kinko's so I don't destroy original plans 2 sheets $20.00, Okume ply 3 sheets 1/16th & 1 sheet of 1/8th shipped $100, West Systems epoxy $85.00

Hardware, Rudder $40.00, Strut $ $25.00, Turn Fin $40.00, Cable $30.00, misc hardware: pushrods, seals, clevis & ball joints ect $20.00, Paint 2 pints of color plus clear, reducers & catalysit from my buddies body shop $200, Decal set $50, engine used on hand $300, muffled tuned pipe used $45, radio gear on hand couple years old(Tx, Rx & 3 servos) $250. Here we are at $1240 and haven't even cut wood yet. or designed the engine mount, usually made from scratch. The fastest I have ever built a wooden hull and got it from plans to water was about 90 days working on it 7 days a week, a minimum of 2 hrs Mon. - Thur. Friday evening 3-4 hrs and 8-9 hrs on Sat & Sun. and I still didn't consider it a concourse boat. Although you never get out of one what you invest in it............... B)

It's truely a labor of love for them............ :p

I posted this once before, but I spent almost $400.00 in paint supplies for my sport 40. Thats primer, three mixed colors, and clear, plus all the reducer's and hardners. There is no way you can build a new boat from scratch for less then $600. Esp a scale.. The paint alone is plenty expensive.

Josh-

Latest posts

Back