upcoming Michigan races or fun runs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpmjunkee

Can anyone tell me about any upcoming Michigan races or fun runs.No one seems to be running anywhere around here.I have a boat but really want to get around other experianced boaters before I throw it in the water and do something stupid.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Oh,also, I live on the west side of the state but I'll travel.

There is a boat race in Burton Michigan this weekend you should be able to touch base with someone from that district maybe Monday

Go to the impba website and look at district 2. There is a lot of races this year

Bill, nothing really going on over here. We've got some guys meeting up on Sunday mornings at the Austin Lake boat access but that's about it (I-94 Exit 78 south about 3 miles). The closest race from here is the Indy Masters race in Hobart, IN in September, the week of Labor Day about 116 miles from my house otherwise I have to drive across the state.

Do I know you? Your name sounds awfully familiar.

Feel free to do something stupid in front of me, I may beat you to it!
default_smile.png

Hey guy's,

I just posted on the MCMBC thread. As of now, entry levels are very low for the Carleton, MI. MCMBC Power Stroke Classic. Please send your entries in this week to [email protected] so we can make this happen. More info on our website at www.motorcitymodelboatclub.us

Thanks,

Scott

Hey guy's,

I just posted on the MCMBC thread. As of now, entry levels are very low for the Carleton, MI. MCMBC Power Stroke Classic. Please send your entries in this week to [email protected] so we can make this happen. More info on our website at www.motorcitymodelboatclub.us

Thanks,

Scott
What's going on? Tony Jacuzzi is having the same problem with the Dashwheel Sprint, which IIRC was fairly well attended last year.

Hey Bill,

Our club has fun runs all the time. Shoot me an e-mail and plan to come down sometime. If you get lucky, it will be a bbq day. I occasionally throw some ribs or pork shoulder on the smoker in the morning for lunch. Check out the pics on our website. It's our infamous "Garbage Can Bash". Lots of fun!

Scott

[email protected]

Hey guy's,

Thanks,

Scott
What's going on? Tony Jacuzzi is having the same problem with the Dashwheel Sprint, which IIRC was fairly well attended last year.
Yeah, I don't know. We really expected to have more entries at this point. I sure hope things turn around for us and Tony as well!

OK, I've run at Lake Allegan a few times. I don't know if the buoy markers are still there or not. We went down the road going to the game area by the supermarket and ice cream/pizza shop. The water is really shallow there.

Once I get my trailer down and loaded I've got some guys in Watervliet that I want to go run with.

Hey guy's,

Thanks,

Scott
Yeah, I don't know. We really expected to have more entries at this point. I sure hope things turn around for us and Tony as well!
sounds like you guys might be getting screwed by the nitro nats in Evansville that same weekend.

Hey guy's,

Thanks,

Scott
sounds like you guys might be getting screwed by the nitro nats in Evansville that same weekend.
We knew that the nitro nats being on the same weekend would hurt us a little, but we still expected a good turn out from the guy's further north that maybe didn't want to travel to Indy. Hope to get a flood of entries this week!

I would be there if it wasn't for the nats that weekend. It seems with most races people don't enter until the last minute.

Back