Unlimiteds Northwest Gold Cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Cathey

Supporting Member
Photos in the gallery (and in my personal gallery) of 40 of the 43 boats that particapated in the Unlimiteds Northwest Gold Cup at Jones Lake in Maple Valley Washington. After 7 hours of racing Doug Kirk won the final heat in the 1972 Notre Dame. Hull by Kerry Case with CMB power and a Muck pipe. 6 of the 7 seven boats in the final finished. Fred Olson won the Roundnose Classic final with his 1960 Miss Thriftway. A great time was had by all with little if any grumbling or whining about calls or penalties.

Thanks for posting that Mike. I always like to look at great pictures of Scale unlimiteds. I only wish people would take the time to post more of these from races around the country. I intend to take alot more from the northwest scale race in October this year and will post. I was kinda dissapointed in last year as there didn't seem to be anybody doing it from 2009. Hopefully I can help this year and promote nitro as its not dead here in the north country.....

cheers

What a day it was! Great time! My weisfield took 2nd in a 5 lap battle with Adam's Bud. This is a great course and I lokk forward to the Sahra cup.

Bill it is them Gassers trying to tell everyone nitro is dead, look at our district no way are they dead

When you look at the fact that there are three nitro clubs in Washington that I personally know of, nitro is far from dead in the Northwest. I'll have to bring the camera with me and SEVERAL rolls of film. It'll be nice to see Mikey and Duck again, just has me curious as to what boat Mikey will have with him this year :unsure:

Really nice to see so many Scale Hydros at a race......sure doesnt look like nitro is dead to me! :)

I have to agree. A ton of killer looking Scales in one place is AWESOME B)

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Reminds me of going to Top Gun- except for boats , very cool.

Btw Bill, THAT would be a cool race for "Windex Man and the Executone's" to attend. ;)

You better be in Brandon btw, I ain't pitting Foleys fleet alone.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back