Unlimiteds at the 2011 NAMBA Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lapped me? I thought that was when I suckered him and Mr. Ast into a jump start. :D Man that poor Miller took a beating at the Nats. Thankfully it's retired now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics. Love that Miss Rock KISW boat. Does the owner or anyone else have any static pictures of this or the original boat? Trying to make up my mind between Executone and the Miss Rock for my first Gas Scale build.

Thanks

Rick

Rick L.,

There are a half dozen or so good pics of the 8255 - '83 U-100 KISW Miss Rock here:

and on the next page of Chris Denslow's '83 Scans . CHEERS !!! Bob.

Does anyone know what make hull the KWWW U-4 is

Or who owns that boat?
Looks like a Velasco hull. The 108, 109, 125, 128 and a couple others are all so close on the MHR they are just about interchangable..minor changes with each tho. Mike
Mike, The sponson angles on the KWWW U-4 are different that the U-4 Tri Cities Mark & Pak in the same group of photos.

I'm pretty sure the Mark & Pak is a Velasco hull, unless there's been sponson work on the KWWW it's a different hull

Looking at the picture again, the nose & rear section of the cowls are different also

DPP_0671280x854.jpg

Yeah there were a lot of Velasco hulls there. My Circus, Don's Notre Dame, Henry's Squire, Hilton's Mark & Pak, Grim's U-4, the Lincoln Thrift I think is one too. The KWWW isn't. That very well could have been Ralph. I think he did run scale that year.

Hey Rick,

It's Ralph Henry's U-4 KWWW. I cheated and looked at the 2011 Nats results under Sport 60 and there the critter was. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Rick,

It's Ralph Henry's U-4 KWWW. I cheated and looked at the 2011 Nats results under Sport 60 and there the critter was. CHEERS !!! Bob
I think that hull has been around for quite a while. Hooks Jr /Sr, Roy Munoz or Don Maher might know the builder. We had a guy (Charles Ross) that raced a similar hull (Miss Century 21) a while back in our district.

Ralph Henry Sr made the first ones back in the 90's They ran the U4 back then..I have Rosses here in my shop.

Hey Roy,

I believe the hull is from a mold that was originally John Perry's. They are epoxy glass. Chuck McGaughy ran one as U-4 Charlie's Girl while he and I were racing together. I taped it in the transom at a San Diego SCSTA race, and the deck to bottom joint seam split almost all the way around. I built Uncle Chuck a WOF hull using the measurements and angles from this hull to make his U-55 Oberto. CHEERS !!! Bob

Latest posts

Back