unemployed !!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Hutchinson

I just got let go from a 3 year resturant job !! it wasnt much but i was able to pay the bills with what i made. resturant was sold and there was no offer for employment from the new owners. now my future is not clear. this could be real bad.

If anyone thinks they might want to buy a new cobra tunnel boat, or might know of someone who might want one in the near future give me a shout my prices are the lowest they has ever been. any question can pm me at [email protected]

I just got let go from a 3 year resturant job !! it wasnt much but i was able to pay the bills with what i made. resturant was sold and there was no offer for employment from the new owners. now my future is not clear. this could be real bad.

If anyone thinks they might want to buy a new cobra tunnel boat, or might know of someone who might want one in the near future give me a shout my prices are the lowest they has ever been. any question can pm me at [email protected]
What is happening with the ecconomy over there? I am not sure about other Australian businesses but in my business we have the problem of too much work and not enough hours in the day. We can't get staff that are well enough qualified or are prepared to do an honest days work.

From an outsider looking in and I may be wrong but I think your government has a lot to answer for.

5 years ago we were battling to get 55 cents for 1 US dollar but now this morning we were getting $1.09 US dollars for 1 Aussie dollar.

I live in fear that our Australian government will send us down a path of ecconomic recession though.

With governments allowing cheep and sometimes inferior products from the likes of China and India both of our countries will suffer from a lack of skill shortages.

This is just my 2 cents worth, I am just trying to get a better understanding of what is happening to good skilled workers in countries like the USA.

What is happening with the ecconomy over there? I am not sure about other Australian businesses but in my business we have the problem of too much work and not enough hours in the day. We can't get staff that are well enough qualified or are prepared to do an honest days work.

From an outsider looking in and I may be wrong but I think your government has a lot to answer for.

5 years ago we were battling to get 55 cents for 1 US dollar but now this morning we were getting $1.09 US dollars for 1 Aussie dollar.

I live in fear that our Australian government will send us down a path of ecconomic recession though.

With governments allowing cheep and sometimes inferior products from the likes of China and India both of our countries will suffer from a lack of skill shortages.

This is just my 2 cents worth, I am just trying to get a better understanding of what is happening to good skilled workers in countries like the USA.
Biggest factor is high gas prices because of our weak dollar and unwillingness to drill for oil localy. We have to buy oil from other countries, and with a weak dollar, the price goes up... The oil speculators don't help either...

Dan, my Cobra tunnel looks great! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
its pretty simple honestly. We have made it so expensive that the average american cant afford anything anymore. The dollar isnt worth anything. Everything is so **** expensive anymore, that the average hard working american cant afford to buy it (american made products that is). I know I cant. And then with the raging gas prices like listed above....makes it hard for some people to even go to work, as its cheaper to stay home. I just keep going in, and putting in my time, hoping our company wont close its doors (we are on a bank leash right now, and its a fight every day)

Brian,

That s....

But from what I read is that you are still positive. thats good.

And you still are into doing the very nice boats...thats something to go for.

Hope you find a new job soon..

Btw I think since most of the goods are paid in dollars and oilprices are rising , the USa are hittest the hardest.

My best friend in the Netherlands was a small millionaire a few years ago. Bad deals made him poor, but he is fighting his way back up. His future is looking brighter. I hope that helps you too.

Ronald.

I heard once on a tlc show that the us biggest export is O2 another words most ships that leave our ports are empty
...AND THAT'S the REAL PROBLEM!!!

Our country is like a household family. If we as individuals don't go to work and bring money into the house the money runs out and the refrigerator runs dry.

If we as a country do not work and sell products to OTHER COUNTRIES, the money runs out. :blink:

It's nice to be able to buy low cost product from other countries, but when you have NO money low cost is NOT low enough.

Two words to sum up the USA's problem. China imports.
LOL...and what kind of engines do you sell Tim? hahaha

But wait!..isn't that better than Italian imports? We can buy two for one! :D

I think you mean Mark... and some people cant afford to buy a 400.00 motor. Isnt that what this thread is all about, how broke the US is? Well, if we cant afford to buy your Italian motors, we surely arent going to quite a hobby that we love. We have to find other ways......thats what happens. Dont get it twisted, I respect what you did, and what Al is doing now, with his AA motors. And you can bet your bottom side, if I could afford to buy a dozen of them, there would be no question. Some of us just cant, simple as that.

Andy there from Taiwan. How many do you want? :D I don't think the 50 that I will sell this year is anything like the hundreds of shipping containers that come in to this country every year. :rolleyes: Try and buy something made in the USA at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Menards, Lowes, the Gap, Hollister, American Eagle etc . :rolleyes:

Rodney, Mark, Don't take offense. I don't have it twisted. I was just making a point. Imports are Imports! 50 units or 50 million units. $400 from Italy or $200 from Taiwan, makes no difference.

Some guy at K&B lost his job and K&B went belly up because we purchased the IMPORTS. Why? Because Italy built better engines than K&B...and now Tiawan builds it nearly as good as Italy for $200. Why did all of this transpire? Simple! It's the age old process. Somebody was willing to work harder, smarter, longer, riskier, cheaper than the other guy.

An interesting point. Some of our best friends owned or worked at K&B. I'll bet there were even a few guys that asked Bill Wisenewski (spelling?) how to make an Italian engine run better. :blink:

It's tough out there for many of us. Being in the r/c boat business and having many of you as customers for many years, I can see just how many of us are hurting.

I hope Dan can find a decent job soon. And for those who have the means....buy a boat from Dan!

At ground level it's hard to see all the pros and cons to such a thing but I have wondered what would be the impact if we just closed a our doors for the next 10 or 20 years or so and told the world "We're sorry, we can't be big brother to you any longer, maybe we will be back but too many of our own Americans are hurting so we need to turn our efforts to within". Stop outsourcing jobs just make the job available here for the same pay. If not in your town build a town somewhere in IOWA or something where people can move to and afford to live. Let us build, drill, manufacture, discover, create, engineer, grow and harvest all that we can here first. I am wondering what would happen if we did such a thing because it seems that would turn things around. Maybe not immediately but eventually. Or I could be wrong and it would actually cause some catastrophic sequence of events that puts us worst off than we were. It's just hard to tell.

Back