U-3 Piston Powered Hydro wins 2003 Gold Cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a huge fan of hydroplane racing I thought it was awesome that a piston powered boat finally was back on top. Also as the owner of a pro boat boat miss. Budweiser hydros are here to stay.!

My goodness...you piston heads get a win and think it will stay. Bud will be on top overall for the year...again.

There are more and more turbine boats being produced. I got to see the Callan cat run by me at 205 mph a couple weeks ago.

Barcardi also has a new one out that promises to keep the Tommy B, Team virgin and the rest behind it once they get it dialed in.

The sheer technology to harness turbine power and get it to the prop is what we are all about innovation !!

Nobody said Turbines were not faster. Ever go to a race and watch a turbine run? You can hear water slapping on the side of the boat over the motor. Ever drive anything with a Turbine motor in it? How can the average fan relate to boats with Turbine motors?

Turbines suck and blow hot air.

Piston boats are real Thunder Boat!

Go U-3, win in San Diego and 1/2 the races in 2003!

LOL, I should have expected that from you, Steve. :)

I just had to stir it up because I'm from MO and it just seemed right.

I love the sound of the low, sweet tone of piston motors. It is also good for the Bud team to be beat...keeps the humble.

If you don't think people get off on a 45' cat blowing hot air at 205 mph then you need to check it out. I think it is the less sound that makes it even wilder! You can sstill hear the rpms and blades e ating the water.

Back