Twin riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember Larry Beals triple K&B 7.5 with straight pipes, that sounded awesome, beautiful boat and nothing like the sound of 4" stacks instead of tuned pipes in a rigger.

Kevin,

Depends on the size of the boat, motor size, pipes that are being run, etc.

Not much difference because of weight and fuel load.

Going Out Testing This Weekend?

Mark Sholund

Vac 91 X 3 now we talking smoke on the water

Just 45 cc not 60
We need a bigger track!
default_smile.png

We also need guys to dust off the twins they have and bring them out to race!
default_smile.png

Huntsville is having a TWIN race on May 29! Enter at rcracingevents.com
default_smile.png

Don't want to throw a wet blanket on the X3 engine setup, but remember the CID limits for both IMPBA and NAMBA. IMPBA is 2.50" and that is no more than 3 .80 engines.

Hey John, When you showed me your old twin last summer I could see your excitement about them. Can't wait to see the latest version.Talked to Mike about selling our Twin Roadrunner. He informed me that he now has two new engines for it. Guess I will have to dig into the piggy bank for some fuel. Be worth it to see Rob out racing with you. Maybe we can get some excitement for them up here in District 2. I just gave away a box full of John Bridge gearbox housings and gears for a single engine boat. Go fast turn right!!!!!!!!!!!! Jer

That still does not limit me to how many motors I can put in a boat. The minimum number of motors is two. The minimum number of driven shafts is two. And the total CID limit is 2.50". The class is designed to allow the builder to do whatever he can put together.

So do I hear four .60's geared to two shafts? Nova build a 61 rear exhaust that they are building the new 90 in. So use the DD parts for this motor leaving it at .61 with four of them geared to two shafts would be something. Or four of them coupled to four shafts. The class is open to design.

Just forget the points, records etc and have an open multiple engine class , who cares how much pain the builder wants to inflict on themself !!
default_laugh.png
Fly fishing is what i liken it too - how bad do you hate yourself vs the joy of the reward
default_tongue.png

John, I was at the Oxford Internats. Great race . Clee Morman beat Roger Moran(Possum) by I believe 50 points. Clee was racing a twin. He won the excellence of performance trophy.

Clee was from Birmingham. Several of us from B'ham camped a s small pond/ park not far from the racing lake.

The Indy twin and big block race on Fti befor the Unlimited were great. I was lucky one year and won big block and twin. Got 2 new CMB 90's from Tidewater. Those were great days of racing.

Back