Twin Pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Kish

I had a brief discussion with an experienced twin racer about pipes but I am curious as to what pipes people are you using on their twins and what pipes have you tried?

I am running CMB 80's with Cooper pipes but have only ran the boat a couple of times so it is very difficult to determine if the performance will be were I expect it to be.

I am always willing to try something else and looking for options.

Tim K

I have the same setup as you, Roadrunner with CMB 80's. I may start playing around with other pipes on mine, but when I was building it I was told by several peoples that the 13cc (1385) MAC's pipes at 12" with add-on mufflers was the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried a few other pipes, but always came back to the 67/80 Fat Pipe (CMB) with Cooper Mufflers. Great torque and rpm with this combination.
Good question, i'm also in need for some pipe info. I've got a twin sqx with mac84's and only need pipes to start building. What's a good pipe for this combo?

Thanks,

Pretty much what I was expecting , I just wish I could afford to try them all.

Thanks guys

Tim K

Tim i have 2 CMB Fat pipe's , there not for sale but your more than welcome to try them and see if the work for you before you put any monet out.

Let me no

twin mac 84's,Macoy 9's , oct 1667's . macs fat belly 15cc pipes at 11 1/2 " on 50%, drives itself back to shore after

Jason

twin hr91 mods, sgx-2 hull, new billet ab-67-80 pipes at 10-1/2in

abc mod 2618's

NOW, THAT IS FAST,

Anders

spot on, i will let people that have seen it tell all. lol :p

and it is only going to get better and faster with some testing

regards Aaron

on 2618's whats its fastest heat time so far ?

gee 90+ mph heat races .. thats B____y fast ..

Jaso

I had a brief discussion with an experienced twin racer about pipes but I am curious as to what pipes people are you using on their twins and what pipes have you tried?
I am running CMB 80's with Cooper pipes but have only ran the boat a couple of times so it is very difficult to determine if the performance will be were I expect it to be.

I am always willing to try something else and looking for options.

Tim K
In my twin with CMB 80 Rs motors I have been running the black AB 67 pipes.

It has made runs in the 90mph range with good rev's.

I beleive that Stu Barr has CMB's version of this pipe in stock.

-Buck-

For Buck & the rest of you that might like the info.

CMB 67/80 Muffled pipe, Replacement for AB Muffled pipe Options Track this topic

Post #1

For those of you having trouble finding the famous and great working AB 67 muffled pipe,

I just picked up one of CMB's 67/80 muffled pipes from Stu Barr, it is identicle to the AB 67 Black muffled pipe that CMDi used to have produced, and carried.

They are pricey, but are the same as what alot of us scale boaters like to use

Just an FYI

Rick

Back