Twin Outboard X-series Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1st hatch is now layed up.will pop it out tomorrow to see how it looks

DSC02191.jpg

Will do 1st full layup hull tomorrow with CF and see how it looks

Layed up the 1st hull yesterday with full layup and carbonfibre should be ready in a couple of days to pop out and see how it looks

Between me and a buddy of mine we got enough stuff to get it running the weekend if alls well and be able to test it and get some vids of it running

couple of pics

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

Pic of hatch out the mould,i used old catalyst by mistake so didnt go off properly

Dont worry i chucked it when i realised so i didnt use it for laying up the hull ;)

But this is how it came out of the mould

DSC02196.jpg

Well guys its out of the moulds

Just need to sand and polish the seam and see how it looks

Overall pretty happy with it and this is my 1st ever moulds/moulded hull iv ever done and its come out real good so far

f17c84c3.jpg

a96b095e.jpg

e7b6be86.jpg

d47ea8cd.jpg

3e027093.jpg

54c3e26e.jpg

Well guys here it is all finished and ready to go will look awesome with the twin OB's on that will be the next 1 ;)

Couple of areas not happy with but the hull is nice and strong yet seems a nice weight with everything in

Not my ususal style but thought id throw some vinyl on that i got left over from other projects just to give abit off a look but overall for a 1st looks pretty good

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02213.jpg

DSC02215.jpg

DSC02211.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

Just charging the batts then off for a maiden run

Finally got it on the water and must say im pleased with it

BUT got some ESC issues also dont seem to get full throttle but think maybe a setting on the TX so ill have a play around with it but heres some vids for starters

hehe

Cheers rodders

still more setting up to do yet so hopefully can only get better but so far im happy with it :D

Cheers Andy i am bud

Its great when all the time & work gone into and it performs like that this was not only my first time moulding but its the 1st cat i designed aswell and exceeded what i thought it would do 1 thing iv learnt while designing and building rc boats just because it works n paper doesnt mean it works on the water so was envious and nervous to how it performed but the results speak for themselves and im happy now to move forward and start the next XV2 cat and 1 other ;)

Darren, are you going to be building these to sell a few? I sure hope so!!!

Do you have any idea what you might ask for one,, and where are you located (what country)

Thanks
Hi

I will be offering them forsale in the near future i wanna make sure i get the layup and join to my liking so i can offer a quality hull

As for price iv not worked it out properly yet

Im in the UK

Rgds Daz

Back