Twin Outboard X-series Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Ken

I try to do the best job i can to achieve good results alot of work time and patience and its getting there now

Just ordered some items needed to carry on hoping the coming weekend ill be popping another 1 out and go from there

Iv now got a waiting list thats growing quickly but im not rushing for no 1 as its important too me to produce a quality hull/moulding

Just been playing around it

theres alot of ways this hull can be run

I placed in 7.5cc nitro engine but could even fit a 10cc

24oz fuel tank fits in the sponsons nicely aswell

DSC02131.jpg

DSC02132.jpg

couple of it floating LOL

DSC02130.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

Even inboard FE

Motor used is a leopard 4074,gives you some idea how much room there actually is

single setup

DSC02133.jpg

or twin setup

DSC02134.jpg

and the twin OB off course either FE or nitro that it was designed for no pic of them yet as only have 1 LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant wait to see this cat run. You manufacturing skills are being honed quite well DAZ!

Hugh

Im amazed when I see your work. You got a future in boats.

Hi Henk

Obviously you havnt got to run that size fuel tank i did more for to show how much room you got too play and also been in the sponsons will help the handling and keep the horizontal CG down aswell

Thanks Hugh

im getting there slowly had alittle advice off a good buddy of mine on FB so im really gratefull to him ,but im still learning the FG side of it and need some practice to improve my skills and layup but im confident ill get there

iv got loads of new designs and ideas and no doubt this 1 will need some tweaks but so far all the hulls iv designed and built have performed well some of it being more trial and error and learn from it

;)

Back on this build now

Hatch is now wetflatted and polished up ready for several coats of release wax and moulding

Also prepping the moulds to layup a new hull with CF

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

Popped the mould today came out good next job is fine wet flat and polish it up ready to make the 1st hatch

DSC02180.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

Hello Darren

That is some awesome workmanship.

Let me know if you would like a custom Boat Stand for that Cat.

I can send you an Info sheet for you to fill out and then design it.

Thanks

Joe

Hello Darren

Thanks

Joe
Thanks Joe

Custom boat stand mmmmm might be interested think it will be worth a chat

Have you got any pics of 1's youve built before im intrigued now

Trimmed the hatch,wetsanded and polished it up came out really nice

also i noticed a couple of areas on the main hull moulds i wasnt happy with so sorted these aswell all thats left now is to do several coats of release wax ready to start laying up a complete hull with full layup
trans.gif

DSC02189.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

Wax on wax off, lol. Great stuff Daz!! Hurry up with those other tunnels mate, looking forward to seeing them,

Hi dion

I did start the lower mould on the 44" version but had an issue and wasnt happy with so let it harden then removed it to start again but a little bit of damage was done which im now working on to repair to remould it nearly there though bud

More so can put more time on them now this 1 is all moulded

Closer now

The moulds are all ready to start laying up a complete hull was hopimg tomorrow but been called into work so will do it asap

DSC02190.jpg

Hello Darren

Thanks

Joe
Thanks Joe

Custom boat stand mmmmm might be interested think it will be worth a chat

Have you got any pics of 1's youve built before im intrigued now
Hello Darren

Here are some Photos of varius stands I have built for people over the years.

Thanks

Joe

Stryker-F41-4.jpg

Stryker-F41-6.jpg

BACKLASH 03.jpg

18-LYNX.jpg

1-MG-RTR.jpg

Hi Joe i like them very nice,top job

Im now very interested not just for the cat but for the F1's aswell

Back