twin build pictures

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a futaba S9157 digital - its only standard size, but is 425oz of power, and all the trimmings in features, would that be good enough for a twin 90 rigger

Very nice set up!! One thing i noticed, with all that power those motors have does your small rudder servo have enough torque?? and also

what we do on twins is slide a hollow carbonfiber rod or stainless steal rod over the 4-40 rudder rod to reinforce it so i doesnt flex at top

speed or in the turns...just a thought for you
Best to use a 1/8 stainless tig welding rod for a rudder servo rod and tap the ends 6/32. the Aeromarine seals can be used to seal the radio box. just re-thread your ends 6/32 and red loctite everything. Many of us are over 400oz on the turn servos some have gone to mid 500 oz on the turn servo with 1/4 or 1/5th scale gears hitech# 7955 makes a average 1/4 scale servo or Futaba 5050 or you will have to go to the Savox Monster servos to turn the twin if you want 450 - 555oz plus.....p.s. Small servos have small gears & will Not hold the exiting corners at High Speeds, also there is No point in adding to or stengthing the servos rod if you dont add more torque to turn the boat
thanks for the comments guys i havent done much over the last few weeks as im moving factories and looking forward to xmas holidays fishing with the family

i will be using the hitec 7955 tg (24 kg @6.0 volt) not sure what the oz is

i have a run this servo in a sgx2 with these engines using eagle hardware and 440 rod all seemed to hold up ok

but i will keep your sugestions im mind

cheers rick

Great looking twin. May I say add some shaft oilers. Big time saver and very clean?

Twins Rock

Nails

I picked up a twin JAE Zippkit short kit, Rick. Thanks for posting some inside pics. The linkage was what I needed to see. I looked for this post last week and never found it. I better go build one now. We don't have many twins in D1 YET After seeing Tim K run his last season ,we all want one. Thanks Tim for showing us NYers how to run a twin rigger .We were all drooling after your run. I don't plan on racing one but I plan on a lot of fun this next summer running one.

I picked up a twin JAE Zippkit short kit, Rick. Thanks for posting some inside pics. The linkage was what I needed to see. I looked for this post last week and never found it. I better go build one now. We don't have many twins in D1 YET After seeing Tim K run his last season ,we all want one. Thanks Tim for showing us NYers how to run a twin rigger .We were all drooling after your run. I don't plan on racing one but I plan on a lot of fun this next summer running one.
Thanks Neil

Rumor has it that there is at least a couple new twins in D-1 this season , can't wait to see them on the water.

I have upgraded to some new Engines for this season hopefully I can keep up.

Tim

2012-12-23 11.24.48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Neil

Rumor has it that there is at least a couple new twins in D-1 this season , can't wait to see them on the water.

I have upgraded to some new Engines for this season hopefully I can keep up.

Tim
Nice upgrade Tim!!

Rumor is true Tim We got a builder gone wild ,this end of the lake. Rick is popping them out like a toaster. So his handle is" Toast "from now on. His latest is a new Vee hull from Joe. The Vbox

lol.. gone wild all right!!!.the V-BOX is coming along nicely... sitting here watching the glue dry on first side of the bottom! the v-box is a remake of the old v-box by zipp acording to joe... its build pics are in my gallery... they will be in production soon then avail for the public... easiest build yet. Just finished a JAE .45 and a JAE 45TWIN for joe to take to expos... on gallery also. Nice looking twin Rick!! we are waiting for more pics... rigger fever... or is it cabin fever??? darn snow..

places to get materials for makin your own mounts and other parts:

www.onlinemetals.com:index.cfm

www.use-enco.com:CGI:INSRHM

(not sure if i can post links or not) onlinemetals and use-enco

delrin (acetal) is good for engine mounts or other mounts n brackets,machines/cuts/taps nice

also theres tubes for booms- carbon/aluminium or whatever tones of materials knock yourself out n its hot cause you made it yourself

How is your twin build going
Great looking twin. May I say add some shaft oilers. Big time saver and very clean?

Twins Rock

Nails
hi guys

charles ive just got back from holidays so i plan to get her finshed over the next few weeks will post a video when she hits the water :)

bob that is something i was thinking of atm i use grease in all my other riggers but i ve had seen others use oil

will i just have to oil each run ???? and not need grease

cheers rick :)

Spent the day in the garage today working on the twin just need to make the cowl and the tanks then of the the pond :)

20130203_172156.jpg

20130203_172213.jpg

20130203_172235.jpg

How is your twin build going

Twins Rock

Nails
hi guys

charles ive just got back from holidays so i plan to get her finshed over the next few weeks will post a video when she hits the water :)

bob that is something i was thinking of atm i use grease in all my other riggers but i ve had seen others use oil

will i just have to oil each run ???? and not need grease

I oil before each run. Easy peasy. :)

cheers rick :)

places to get materials for makin your own mounts and other parts:

www.onlinemetals.com:index.cfm

www.use-enco.com:CGI:INSRHM

(not sure if i can post links or not) onlinemetals and use-enco

delrin (acetal) is good for engine mounts or other mounts n brackets,machines/cuts/taps nice

also theres tubes for booms- carbon/aluminium or whatever tones of materials knock yourself out n its hot cause you made it yourself
Joe Does have a twin mount now in stock.

rick i have twin cowl if your interested. how many you want lol
I hope you left enough room for fuel !! Two 18 oz - 20 oz tanks are necessary for heat racing with those engines .
Spent the day in the garage today working on the twin just need to make the cowl and the tanks then of the the pond :)
Rick,

Are you going to be using a twin receiver setup, or a single? Just curious

Beau

wayne im in the midle of make a mould of clints sgx cowl can you send me some pics mate

tom i sholud be able to make up tanks at about 20-22 oz each

the area i have to work with is 5-3/4 long 6-1/2 wide 2 deep

on this topic i was thinking if one tank with two header tanks,

the only thing i was thinking that i will have to fill though both header tanks to remove all the air

just me thinking again lol

beau im only running single rx system

cheers rick

Back