twin build pictures

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Pirrone

hi all

decided to spend some time in the man cave putting some more of the twin together

this is my own build

enjoy

DSCF2853.JPG

DSCF2854.JPG

DSCF2855.JPG

DSCF2856.JPG

DSCF2857.JPG

DSCF2858.JPG

DSCF2859.JPG

DSCF2860.JPG

DSCF2861.JPG

DSCF2862.JPG

DSCF2863.JPG

DSCF2864.JPG

DSCF2865.JPG

nice rig there rick

where did you get that Y fitting to split the water going to each motor from?

thanks

chris

you can get them on Ebay chris plenty of them there. Pretty sweet setup very similar to our RR Twin. we have the T to split the water by the engines instead of the rear of the boat. but very nice rig you have there keep us posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick

Looks like a really clean setup, I like those 91's stuffed in there, keep us posted on the build looks great so far buddy.

Beau

Looks really good Rick I'm really liking that rear sponson set-up it reminds me of the Aeromarine stinger riggers a little bit nice....

Hi Rick,

what type of engine mounts are those, are they home made or a purchased products, here in Australia , that narrow type are hard to get hold of unless we make them ourselves

hi all

thanks for the comments

the rear sponson setup is somthing i tried on my 45 boat that seamed to work well

ive heard the single ski,s are lossing drive and my first rigger had this setup so im heading back to this design for some trial and error

shane the engine rails are the white sandwich board you can get from harris scarf comes in a 600mm x 300mm sheet i just rip it into strips on my panel saw

easy to tap a thread into just use some loktite and you good to go

cheers rick

Thanks Rick,

do you use just stainless machine screws to hold them in, and what about the rubber grommets, as I may try making my own mounts now

Many thanks Rick

sounds great, I can now make custom mounts for any size rigger

do the engine mount bolts hold ok in the nylon ?? I guessing they do

cheers

Shane

hi shane

they do after a while they get a bit easy to do up but i use a bit of locktite that seems to help with the nipping up

also try not to remove bolts too offen

so far mate mine seem to be holding well

cheers rick

thanks Rick

one last question, what type of bolts do you use for going through the tub side and into the engine mount sides

thanks again

Shane

Very nice set up!! One thing i noticed, with all that power those motors have does your small rudder servo have enough torque?? and also

what we do on twins is slide a hollow carbonfiber rod or stainless steal rod over the 4-40 rudder rod to reinforce it so i doesnt flex at top

speed or in the turns...just a thought for you

Best to use a 1/8 stainless tig welding rod for a rudder servo rod and tap the ends 6/32. the Aeromarine seals can be used to seal the radio box. just re-thread your ends 6/32 and red loctite everything. Many of us are over 400oz on the turn servos some have gone to mid 500 oz on the turn servo with 1/4 or 1/5th scale gears hitech# 7955 makes a average 1/4 scale servo or Futaba 5050 or you will have to go to the Savox Monster servos to turn the twin if you want 450 - 555oz plus.....p.s. Small servos have small gears & will Not hold the exiting corners at High Speeds, also there is No point in adding to or stengthing the servos rod if you dont add more torque to turn the boat

Back