Twin 80 X Mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Foley

Supporting Member
Thinking of going outside the box and doing a Twin X boat with CMB 80's . Gerry had one that ripped .....anyone have experience ?? Torque roll will be somewhat of an issue but think I can " Shim " my way out of it !! :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of going outside the box and doing a Twin X boat with CMB 80's . Gerry had one that ripped .....anyone have experience ?? Torque roll will be somewhat of an issue but think I can " Shim " my way out of it !! :lol: :lol:
go for it tom i saw gerrys run at 04 nationlas it was a real cool boat for a seaducer :lol:

I saw Jerry C green twin mono with CMB80s few year ago It was good stable. He was clever so he always catch up first line on bouys too close corner and keep away any boats He will may bring twin mono next 2010 NATs Namba

I see how you are, cant catch me with one motor- add another :rolleyes:

Go for it Foley, it would be way cool.........

Andy

hey tom,how u do'in,there was a guy that used to run a twin 90 sightler up in NC years ago. super fast and turned very well. i will see if i can get some moer

info for you. mike.

I'd love to do a twin mono. This would be a good thread to share some tech on what is needed for a twin mono to turn well. From what I have read, the main problem is when the left prop comes out of the water in a right turn...

Is counter-rotating props better or not?

Shallow vee or deep vee?

Surface drive, sub-surface, or sumerged?

Thanks.

Tom

Why not do a in line 101 with a common shaft running under the eng. Can make it under or over drive.Slant the eng one to each side to clear the pipes. Use a right hand prop it would get rid of the steering problem. can you say 80MPH heat race mono.

Would use a hull that is not so finicky on the set up don't need the best handling when you have speed.

David

a few years back i built a 39 inch calcraft with 2 mac .21 engines in it the boat ran real well. i sold it to jimmy whitbeck twin craft i dont know why he wanted it.i only sold it becuase i didnt have anyone to help me much at the time i was running it. its very tuff for one person to start and run a twin boat. :blink:

Didn't Ernie LeFluer have a twin Twincraft?????
he had a twin, but i think (not sure) it was a husslecraft.
It was a Cal-Craft, have the hull sittin in my bsmnt., was converted back to single and won some races.

Thanks Ernie.
and i have a pair of brand new 80 hr motors that aree untouched and nib?? project is coming together tom

tk
Holiday specials ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't Ernie LeFluer have a twin Twincraft?????
he had a twin, but i think (not sure) it was a husslecraft.
It was a Cal-Craft, have the hull sittin in my bsmnt., was converted back to single and won some races.

Thanks Ernie.
and i have a pair of brand new 80 hr motors that aree untouched and nib?? project is coming together tom

tk
Holiday specials ???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
they could be , but already close to special..new in box with or without mac .550 carbs or stockers and headers and fat belly pipes .. all new in box 1200.00 , the pipes and motors cost more than that...if doing paypal add 4 percent and shipping of 20.00 ..that is a christmas special ill include the mac carbs for free.

tk

Okay Crowther-

Post them pics right about .........

NOW

We got him on the ropes
wink.gif

Andy
im posting pics here cuz i think foley is worried..lol he is scared to build this twin mono that is what junker told me..j/k here are the pics tom
biggrin.gif

tk

Back