Tunnel Champs what did you run?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HTV Boats

On another thread that is going to get ugly Spoonefcrx asked a good question on what people used to win the 20 classes. So if you placed at the Tunnel Champs heres a thread to either blow your own horn or thank the suppliers that got you there. I feel at big national races people do wan't to know what was run and it does affect what people buy.

One of the engines we use is a Nelson outboard that is very fast and built right here in the USA. Henry Nelson is not getting rich making these for model boaters and to behonest I believe he has sold less than a hundred in 10 years. If all we can do is add to his fame as a world class aircraft engine maker so be it. They are not outrageously priced and availiable from John Otto or Gary Pruesse. Sorry for the soap box here but these manufacturers and suppliers need some credit as most do it more for love of the hobby than profits.

Ok trophy winners here ya go.

Mic Halbrehder:

1st place Mod VP- HTV hull OS motor and Grimracer 40X53 prop

6th place Mod 20- Sniper I -OS (stocker) Grimracer 40X53 prop

Bill Britton's hull works well and we need guys like him providing needed products.

Jay Halbrehder (working so I can stay retired and keep his equipment alive)

2nd place Mod-VP HTV/K&B/Grimracer 40X53 prop (If he passed me here the rest of the list would be shorter)

3rd place Sport 20 Vision/OS/Grimracer 40X53 prop

3rd Place after runoff for second in Mod 20 Vision/OS (stocker)/Grimracer 40X53 prop

3rd place (runoff for 1st) Mod 40 tunnel HTV/Nelson (longstroke)/Sholund 47X63 ABC /JYDRACING pipe

2nd place (runoff for 1st) Sport 40 tunnel HTV/Nelson/ LeFluere 1914 prop

The Vision was on loan from Shawn Junker after our 20 Mod sank never to be found in Tampa. This is his latest model and we blew up our Mod motor 3 days before the race. All that was left was a stock OS that we planned to run in sport only. Literally bolting a stock motor on with testing in open water Jay surprised a lot of mod boats. Again credit to Shawn for keeping improving Vision hulls. (Shawn we lost the boat in the trailer and we'll look for it after the Internats in July)

Ok who's got results and your side of the story! Keep it positive and do not bash anyone please.

Last edited by a moderator:
On another thread that is going to get ugly Spoonefcrx asked a good question on what people used to win the 20 classes. So if you placed at the Tunnel Champs heres a thread to either blow your own horn or thank the suppliers that got you there. I feel at big national races people do wan't to know what was run and it does affect what people buy. One of the engines we use is a Nelson outboard that is very fast and built right here in the USA. Henry Nelson is not getting rich making these for model boaters and to behonest I believe he has sold less than a hundred in 10 years. If all we can do is add to his fame as a world class aircraft engine maker so be it. They are not outrageously priced and availiable from John Otto or Gary Pruesse. Sorry for the soap box here but these manufacturers and suppliers need some credit as most do it more for love of the hobby than profits.

Ok trophy winners here ya go.

Mic Halbrehder:

1st place Mod VP- HTV hull OS motor and Grimracer 40X53 prop

6th place Mod 20- Sniper I -OS (stocker) Grimracer 40X53 prop

Bill Britton's hull works well and we need guys like him providing needed products.

Jay Halbrehder (working so I can stay retired and keep his equipment alive)

2nd place Mod-VP HTV/K&B/Grimracer 40X53 prop (If he passed me here the rest of the list would be shorter)

3rd place Sport 20 Vision/OS/Grimracer 40X53 prop

3rd Place after runoff for second in Mod 20 Vision/OS (stocker)/Grimracer 40X53 prop

3rd place (runoff for 1st) Mod 40 tunnel HTV/Nelson (longstroke)/Sholund 47X63 ABC /JYDRACING pipe

2nd place (runoff for 1st) Sport 40 tunnel HTV/Nelson/ LeFluere 1914 prop

The Vision was on loan from Shawn Junker after our 20 Mod sank never to be found in Tampa. This is his latest model and we blew up our Mod motor 3 days before the race. All that was left was a stock OS that we planned to run in sport only. Literally bolting a stock motor on with testing in open water Jay surprised a lot of mod boats. Again credit to Shawn for keeping improving Vision hulls. (Shawn we lost the boat in the trailer and we'll look for it after the Internats in July)

Ok who's got results and your side of the story! Keep it positive and do not bash anyone please.
Mic and Jay it was great too meet you both you are great people and what a awesome boat and motors also see ya soon

Here is mine..

Second Place B Sport Tunnel

Production VS1

Box Stock OS with the head shim removed

Grimracer 4052/3 (bag)

Odonnell 65% fuel (I still have a case from last season)

OD-9 plug.. THE SH.T!

Im PROUD to say EVERYTHING in or on my boat CAN BE BOUGHT AT ANY HOBBYSHOP IN THE US!.. well except the fuel is a tough deal right now…

Truth is that I was out motored by Mongar and was out drove by the godfather. If that’s a killing then im happy to die by the hands of the best.

That is the 3rd time I have been a brides maid in that class and two times by Johno.. (both in runoffs). Its time to get back to the test pond.. cuz I guarantee there is a fire is burning..

I LOVE IT!

Grim

Grim forgot to mention he won the FE Tunnel Class with a TSX, UL1 motor and ESC, and I think the prop was basically the same as what he ran on on 20 Sport VS1. I think the battery was FlitePower.

I was 2nd in FE with the same boat, motor, and ESC as Grim. My prop was a notched Prather 220.

My JD WOF 34, NAMBA legal K&B 7.5 Red Head, Monohan 1450 prop, and O'Donnell 50% placed third in 40 Sport.

I placed fifth in 20 Tunnel with the same setup as Grim except I ran a Monohan 1440 prop.

Another great event hosted by the CMB gang.

JD

i placed 5th in b mod tunnel. boat was a leecraft xtr-21, rod geraghty prepped k&b (watercooled), irwin stamped pipe, oer prepped octura x-442, home brew 50% nitro/14% oil, mccoy mc-59 plug, jr z-650 steering & hi-tec mg 225 throttle servos, jr xs-3 tx & jr rs-300 rx. and a lot of help, support & graphics from my lhs. EAST COAST HOBBIES (540-545-4137).

Grim forgot to mention he won the FE Tunnel Class with a TSX, UL1 motor and ESC, and I think the prop was basically the same as what he ran on on 20 Sport VS1. I think the battery was FlitePower.
Jerry/Grim

Whats a TSX??? Any photos? :huh:

Fellas,

I know the winner of quite a few heats were running Sholund X-442 B/C.

The 21 mod winner was also using one. :D

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

We heard that a rookie driver named Drake something or another...had the fastest 3.5 & 7.5 mod tunnel there.... is that true Grim? LOL

Carl,

I wonder what he was running?

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

I gota tell ya Carl, Rons 45 boat WAS ONE BAD A.. ROCKET.. His 21 boat was DANG fast too.

I got to watch a few heats of Rons 45 boat and whatever magic dust he is putting in his racing program is working very well. Truth is he could have pulled 3MPH out of the boat and still had the field on speed.

I have to get back to the bench..

Say hi to the "air heads" Rushing and Tally for me.. I hear they have there heads in the clouds.. They should have came to the race.. we flew the crap out of the seawind after heats were over..

ROCK ON SHERIFF...

O yea... OD-9 (code word Yellow Plug).. Bob Kinsel put one in his b mod and SCHOOLED the second place boat in round 5.. NO KIDDING...

Thanks Bro!

Grim

I gota tell ya Carl, Rons 45 boat WAS ONE BAD A.. ROCKET.. His 21 boat was DANG fast too.
I got to watch a few heats of Rons 45 boat and whatever magic dust he is putting in his racing program is working very well. Truth is he could have pulled 3MPH out of the boat and still had the field on speed.

Say hi to the "air heads" Rushing and Tally for me.. I hear they have there heads in the clouds.. They should have came to the race.. we flew the crap out of the seawind after heats were over..

ROCK ON SHERIFF...

O yea... OD-9 (code word Yellow Plug).. Bob Kinsel put one in his b mod and SCHOOLED the second place boat in round 5.. NO KIDDING...

Thanks Bro!

Grim
I love your plugs...They work! I will be taking the ones I have left to the time trials with me and puching out something else with them.

I was just rib'n you a little dude. Sounds like you guys all had a great time at The CMB site. I did miss seeing the guys. I hear you brought some fast stuff too!

-Carl,

Carl,

Yea I was off pace this year.. Truth is I can not see good right now.. I have terrible double vision and struggled with that in the first set of heats.

I tested with both an eye patch and without.. I elected to go without and after the 3rd round realized that was a mistake, I should have used it.. I was not driving well at all with out it. With the patch my depth perception was gone but it was better then 12 boat heats!

I felt like a tard having to ware that in front of everybody but its was that or risk hitting buoys and boats.. Sorry again Mr Hopper…

Im not making excuses but If I get my vision back you can BET.. grimracer will be back in FULL FORCE!

ROCK ON DUDE!

Grimracer

Carl,
Yea I was off pace this year.. Truth is I can not see good right now.. I have terrible double vision and struggled with that in the first set of heats.

I tested with both an eye patch and without.. I elected to go without and after the 3rd round realized that was a mistake, I should have used it.. I was not driving well at all with out it. With the patch my depth perception was gone but it was better then 12 boat heats!

I felt like a tard having to ware that in front of everybody but its was that or risk hitting buoys and boats.. Sorry again Mr Hopper…

Im not making excuses but If I get my vision back you can BET.. grimracer will be back in FULL FORCE!

ROCK ON DUDE!

Grimracer

I hope you take care of your eyes. That is what put Tommy Lee out of racing years ago. He was a great racer and competitor in this sport.

Talking about "sport".... I would like to say this; It would be Great if the CMB culb could offer a racers voted, ballet in a box type (with your IMPBA #) "SPORTSMAN AWARD" after the event. I think it would be a good thing for our sport of racing model boats.

-Carl,

Jerry/Grim

Whats a TSX??? Any photos? :huh:
Here's Mike's FE TSX. The Tactic 2-Channel 2.4 radio works really well and has a street price of $80.

JD

This is realy a 21 thread and i dont want to mess it up.... but thanks Jerry and others..

Grim

sniper nr21 40x53 2.8

ly nx os21 40x21 stock

warhead kb7.5 47x60

vision nelson 45 1450 3.6

hornet mac84 457 stock

shane

Thats simple.

The fastest production boat in 20 tunnel in the world, with the motor co-built by the world record holder.

Thats simple.The fastest production boat in 20 tunnel in the world, with the motor co-built by the world record holder.
Carl,

PLEASE give Randy a boat. If you don't I'll have to hunt down a Lynx and give it to him myself. He's sucked up way above and beyond the call of duty. Plus his nose is turnin' brown and his breath is startin' to smell like poop!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randy,

As far as the motor, shouldn't Mongar get most of the credit? You basically just copied most of his work anyway right? I mean, I'm just sayin'. :eek:

Thats simple.The fastest production boat in 20 tunnel in the world, with the motor co-built by the world record holder.
Carl,

PLEASE give Randy a boat. If you don't I'll have to hunt down a Lynx and give it to him myself. He's sucked up way above and beyond the call of duty. Plus his nose is turnin' brown and his breath is startin' to smell like poop!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randy,

As far as the motor, shouldn't Mongar get most of the credit? You basically just copied most of his work anyway right? I mean, I'm just sayin'. :eek:
You say a lot, too bad NONE of it is relevant. Everything that I said was fact. As for the Gene comment, why in the hell would you drag the father of my brothers wife into something. Nothing of mine was ever copied from anyone, it is original. You want to go down this slippery slope again, fine with me. Don't call Otto and tell him to make me stop. It will be my pleasure at the pond from now on making you my *****.

Hows the new boat coming.

The Sniper Retrieve boat.

"PICKS UP THE COMPETITION"

NOW THATS ANTIPATHETICAL.................bite me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back