tuned pipes ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianconde

what Pipe and engine combination have you used that works very well. on all classes of Boats..

julian

Picco 67-80 engine OPS 5780 Open nitro pipe @ 11 3/8 - 11 1/4 60 Nitro. VAC 91 Engine? I prefer the MAC13cc open nitro pipe & the RS101 I prefer the MAc 15cc open nitro pipe. Picco 45? MAC`s 7.5 pipe or CMDI Parobolic pipe. Nova Rossi .21? MAC 3280 3 1/2 plug to band. B)

Remember if you run in hot weather or High Corrected air you will need to add length or volume of pipe..... Very different than the days you ran & the air quality is good to excellent.

Here is some info on tuned pipes, if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
how do i compensate for air temp and humidity ?shorter or longer
John, I think Joe may have answered your question. "Remember if you run in hot weather or High Corrected air you will need to add length or volume of pipe..... Very different than the days you ran & the air quality is good to excellent."

Here is some more info., if you need it.

Pipe designs,& length are the single one thing that can get a boat to perform excellent. After you have found you pipe of choice, You can began to pitch the prop for max speed.There is no single book on all of the variables of R/C boat tuning. it is Boat set up (mfger), Spec Pipe 9Boat mfger), Spec prop for the engine & a lot of pond time........

I agree Joe. Depending on your boat and set up a pipe that works well for other people might not work well for you.

The answer is time at the pond.

Al Hobbs

Hey guys how about header lengths. when to cut or if you should on a teloscopic header. I have a modded vac45 modded with a 4"

Long cmb header with a cmb quite pipe at 9" in a JAE @55% NITRO 1657 cupped pritty good running low 80s havent found a AB

parabolic pipe yet . I run in Alaska air temps are 45 to a crisp 60. Water temps 40s to mid 50s . My problem is I cut the my header

down to 1 1/2 so the motors sonic wave would work better. but it backed fired on me and I lost mager power changed pipes added length still flat bought another header from Stu Bar and it woke ot back up. ANY one knows why please help . I am totally

baffald? Thanks Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron from Ozspec Hobbies has a new 21 billit pipe has anyone tried one yet,just curious.
Arron has!!!! From what little knowledge I have is you will have to get some big rpms going! !! I'm no expert but I will be getting one if he is still making them when I have some money! !!

Charles......are you saying that you have been able to reproduce this effect two different times?

Rick
Yes Rick on the cut down header pipe but I didnt try the other pipe with the longer pipe because I I barrowed it that one day and it took a week to get the new one from Stu and when it ran the same I didnt think to try the other pipe to see if it worked. Charles

Back