Tuned pipe question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m brater

Hey guys merry christmas! I got a 67 picco tuned pipe for christmas and was wondering if it will work as good as a cmb, for a cmb cam 67 engine? Dosen't the picco engine turn higher rpm's? thanks, Mike

I am an OS & OPS kinda guy so I don't know the specifics on the CMB or Picco .67, but every time I bought a new pipe, I had to measure and cut depending on the engine displacement/max RPM...and then you can start getting into engine temp, compression and such....and then stinger length.......bla bla bla

I guess what I am trying to say is I don't know! You need to know specs. (and I dont)

...I usually cut 'em and go....(or buy 'em cheap on e-bay) ..to me they are all the same... (within 1/8" on pipe rated for engine) ...but I wouldn't say that too loud in front of a bunch of 'racers'....

Check out http://rcboat.com/past.htm if you want the complete 'skinny' on how the pipe should perform.

Hope this helps...

Mike, what difference doe`s it make "what engine turns the most rpm"?

I can tell you that Picco pipes are as good as anything else.

Muffled or nonmuffled??

Test is and be happy :D .

What type of boat are you running??

Anders

Jeff and anders, thanks for the replys. The boat is a 1/8 scale hydro (not yet finished). The pipe is non-muffeled. I think I'll have to contact picco and find out rmp range of max performance for pipe and see if the cmb comes close. I have about 1 week left on the 30 day return/exchange for pipe. :-

They will not be able to tell you the corret length and so on.....

Depends on what cr ratio you have combined with exhaust timing 8).

If you can get some info it would be interesting and ask the how they specify it ;D..

Anders

is it the 67-80 gray pipe, if so, it would work fine for the cmb, like jeff k. said, start at 12 inches and shorten it, it maybe just an 1/8 of an inch away from great performance. and if you are running a scale boat go to namba 19 website and talk to al waters. from what i here he's the man of nitro scales

I cant tell you rpm range either but, I run my scale with a ops quite pipe at 12 inches from the weld to center of the case. its good for 26-28000 rpm. I would start there ,if you want a little more ,try 11.75 . remember if you plan on racing scale class you will need a QUITE PIPE . GOOD LUCK YOUR BOAT !!

mark

Back