Tuned Pipe Length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Wyss

I was wanting to find out what kind of adjustment or Formula is used from "Jennings" , (spark ign/ gas), to our use of (glow/nitromethane) on our

pipe length or pipe construction. Is there an accual "formula" or a "rule of thumb" adjustment?Or is it just too complicated to write down on this page?

Jerry Wyss said:
I was wanting to find out what kind of adjustment or Formula is used from "Jennings" , (spark ign/ gas), to our use of (glow/nitromethane) on ourpipe length or pipe construction. Is there an accual "formula" or a "rule of thumb" adjustment?Or is it just too complicated to write down on this page?

82452[/snapback]

Click here

Thanks Tim, I printed everything on that site yesterday(Saturday),I'll read it Now. I was trying to find the RPM that you used in the Picco I got from you,,I suppose

I'll use 20,000. To be honest the info on the pipe length and props go wiped-out

when my "last" computer got hit by a surge. The e-mails that I had got from you

concerning , Pipe length and props were on there. I remember the were large

The high H-40's and I think even an H50 maybe. I was going to start with a Octura

1465 since I already have one. Thank You :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry,

With the pipes I gave you with the motor, 11 3/8" to 11 5/8" plug to weld and prop it to suit. I was running it in a rigger so prop selection is different. That motor and pipe had a lot of torque so it could pull some decent pitch.

Tim.

Latest posts

Back