TS2 Questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f3cheli

Hi guys!

I have some questions regarding the TS2. I hope that you can answer this :D

1. My kit is supplied with an tapered piece of wood that seems to be intended for use between the transom and the engine mount. Shall I use this with my OS 21 XM?

2. In the manual it says that I shall put 1-1/2 oz of lead in the front, but I have read that JD says to begin with 4 oz of lead. How much should I use to begin with?

Thanks!

Andreas

On the TS 2 there is never a plate between the back of the boat/transom and the engine motormount. Probably it can be put inside the boat as to make that rear part a little stronger. Some people use aluminum or carbon for this pupose.

Lead, Finish the boat and find the cg. From there you can add lead or not. OR first drive it and see how it handles.

Ronald.

The tapered pieces of wood are the front recovery pads. I recommend you install them as shown in the Insturction Manual.

I stick 3 oz. of lead inside the front of the cowling - right on top of the recessed area. I then add any additional lead to the lead slot in the cowling chin.

JD

The tapered pieces of wood are the front recovery pads. I recommend you install them as shown in the Insturction Manual.

I stick 3 oz. of lead inside the front of the cowling - right on top of the recessed area. I then add any additional lead to the lead slot in the cowling chin.

JD
Hi JD!

No not the recovery pads. Its a tapered piece of wood with the same footprint as an engine mount, it even got 4 holes thru it for the bolts.

Andreas

JD
Hi JD!

No not the recovery pads. Its a tapered piece of wood with the same footprint as an engine mount, it even got 4 holes thru it for the bolts.

Andreas
Im betting this isnt a new kit, are there also already inserts installed into the transom? If so, its not a new kit. Im assuming this is an old kit, and I think that the wedge is for the use of a KB foot.

Ahhhh, I know the answer. :) That's a wedge for running a Thunder Tiger 21 OB on the boat. The adjustable mount on the TT doesn't allow the prop thrust angle to reach neutral w/o the wedge. I've run the TT on a TS2. In stock configuration, it's the slowest. Now, there's some guys who love the TT.

JD

It's easy to find out if it was for a TT, the mounting holes will be about an inch apart

side to side. Most all the rest of mounts are 1.5 inch spread. The wedge can also be

used with the O.S. o/b for a different reason than mentioned above.

JD
Hi JD!

Andreas
Im betting this isnt a new kit, are there also already inserts installed into the transom? If so, its not a new kit. Im assuming this is an old kit, and I think that the wedge is for the use of a KB foot.
Hi!

No, there are no inserts installed in the transom. The kit came with the new fueltank so I guess its a new kit.

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I just bought another TS2, just open the box but not in detail.

Would be nice if you can post the picture of the part so I can learn from you.

Have a nice day :)

Hi Andreas,

I just bought another TS2, just open the box but not in detail.

Would be nice if you can post the picture of the part so I can learn from you.

Have a nice day :)
Hi TriDi

Sure, Iĺl post a pic asap!

Andreas

Hi Guys

I now have posted tree pictures of this part in my gallery.

Andreas

I don't get that part on my box.

Andreas>> Does your receiver box comes pre-glued to the hull/body?

I found difficulties to install the rectangular sliding switch, I use a mini toggle switch as you may see on my picture gallery.

TriDI

Hi

No, the radiobox wasnt pre-glued to the hull, according to the manual it should not be glued at all, just a friction-fit (right word?) to the hull. Nevertheless, I glued my radiobox to the hull with silicone, that way I can cut it loose if I have to.

I didnt have any problems installing my switch in the radiobox, I did that before I glued the box to the hull.

JD: Well, then I can dump that part in the trash :)

Andreas

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

No, the radiobox wasnt pre-glued to the hull, according to the manual it should not be glued at all, just a friction-fit (right word?) to the hull. Nevertheless, I glued my radiobox to the hull with silicone, that way I can cut it loose if I have to.

I didnt have any problems installing my switch in the radiobox, I did that before I glued the box to the hull.

JD: Well, then I can dump that part in the trash :)

Andreas
Maybe it could be used as a door stop for a doll house. ;)

JD

Hi

JD, what is the best way to stick the recovery pads to the hull? Glue? Tape?

Andreas

Back